EAP610 Mesh not reconnecting after reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-15 01:24:44
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

We have an issue where I have 2 EAP610, 1 connected to a TP-Link POE switch as the Root for the Mesh and then a 2nd one (child AP) connected to a POE injector.

I can see the Child AP ready to adopt no problems and its seen by the 1st Root AP thats configured and setup, after adopting the Child AP its connected and online just fine, but when I reboot the child AP (simulate a black out) the AP never comes online again, I have to factory reset it and adopt again.

I have tried the child AP with previous firmware 1.3.1 I think it was its now 1.4.0, I tried the child AP with and without a static IP made no difference, I tried locking it to channel 40 on the 2 AP's same issue after reboot.

I note when it goes offline the AP is still functioning If I plug into the POE injector to see the AP i can get to its logon via the IP I set on it, and login, it says its cloud managed which all seems fine, so its not lost its settings.

We are setup with a QC300 Controller setup in Omada to manage all of this, has anyone seen something like his before, I have an open onlooking case with TP-Link but its not been solved yet.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP610 Mesh not reconnecting after reboot
2023-08-15 02:18:23

@WifiTech 

I only have EAP225's for meshes, but the behaviour you describe is odd.  I do recommend fixing the channel of the wired node, but I have never had a problem with the child recovering and re-meshing.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 270

Replies: 1

Related Articles