PoE Short Circuit Protection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 14:12:31
Model: TL-SG1210P  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have a TL-SG1210P poe switch that I'm planning to use for exterior IP Cameras, and I wanted to know what would happen if someone were to cut the ethernet cable and cause a short circuit. Can the switch handle this kind of scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Options
5 Reply
Re:PoE Short Circuit Protection
2023-08-17 01:51:10

@DarioA 

wdym? if they cut the wires, then you lose the power and signal to the cams. there is no way the switch can serve any better. what feature do you expect from this switch?

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-08-17 11:59:23

@Tedd404 maybe I didn't explain myself clearly.

My concern is what happens with the switch in case someone cuts the ethernet cable. If he also cuts the power then there isn't much to do, but lets assume I have a UPS.

Options
2023-08-18 00:58:07

@DarioA 

if the ethernet cable is cut, then there isn't anything you can do. if you want to avoid the cable being cut, then bury and hide the cable.

about the ups, that's a good idea for keeping the switch powered.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-08-18 01:41:42

@Tedd404 

I don't want to know what I can or can't do. I wanted to know what the switch does. Does it isolate the port and keep the rest working? Does it die? Does it shutdown itself as protection?

Options
2023-08-18 02:12:32

@DarioA 

no. anything happens to the ethernet cable should not do anything negative to the switch's operation. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 5

Related Articles