Bug report: ACL rules cannot be created or edited in ER605's latest firmware, in standalone mode.

Bug report: ACL rules cannot be created or edited in ER605's latest firmware, in standalone mode.

13 Reply
Re:Bug report: ACL rules cannot be created or edited in ER605's latest firmware, in standalone mode.
2023-10-12 10:20:31

@Clive_A 

I can send it to you. I tried to send a PM to you with the link but it wasn't allowed.

Options
Re:Bug report: ACL rules cannot be created or edited in ER605's latest firmware, in standalone mode.
2023-10-13 01:21:48

Hi @Arion 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231023312, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Bug report: ACL rules cannot be created or edited in ER605's latest firmware, in standalone mode.-Solution
2023-11-10 12:39:10 - last edited 2023-11-10 12:39:16

Let me give some update about the issue:

It turned out that when I create or modify an ACL rule and click on OK, it does not close the frame for that rule...

...for a long time but eventually it closes. Which means the problem lays on processing speed of the ER605.

This issue had not happened in earlier firmwares (before v1.2.1 or so). This is clearly a bug but I don't expect developers spend their time on this EOL product.

The time it takes to close the opened frame is about 25-30 seconds. More than the time it takes to show the ACL rules when arriving to this page.

And as I've already said, if - after clicking on OK - you move to another part of the admin page and return, the change will be saved. So the waiting time is not related to saving the new/modified settings.

This issue has happaned in all major browsers (Chrome, FF, Edge), both on mac and windows, choosing Private browsing/Incognito mode.

Dev support that has reached me, claimed that he/she had tested it with my backup settings (provided by me) and had not experienced the issue. However, it's not clear for me how long he/she had to wait for the process complete.

Clearly the latest two firmwares introduced some bug, related to cache management that causes inconsistencies on the admin page in Standalone mode. Besides the issue shared in this thread, other problems:

- sudden logouts (during active usage)

- CPU graph not showing up with the values

- similar slow downs (and halted operation) in other sections where there are also dozens of items in list, e.g. LAN page.

- and the unsupported browser message that had never happened before.

Recommended Solution
Options

Tags

Gateway ACL
Bug report
Related Articles