VLAN and EAP245 (v1 vs v3)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-15 18:59:09
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.1.0 Build 20230104 Rel. 79433(5553)

Hi,

I have 3x EAP245 (v1) that I use with a managed switch (JetStream 8-Port Gigabit Smart Switch with 4-Port PoE+). I use multiple SSIDs + VLAN IDs to partition clients on my network. I have trusted devices on VLAN=0 (off), guests on VLAN=7, and IoT devices on VLAN=6. I got this all set up and working great with the v1 hardware versions. 

Then, I needed to add a fourth AP and only the v3 version was for sale at retail so I got that. But I haven't been able to get the VLAN stuff working through it. When I configure it (approximately) the same was as I configure my v1 devices, and I connect to any of the SSIDs with VLAN=6/7, I get no internet / self assigned IP. 

I checked the switch and has no per-port settings (I can swap the APs around in the four ports and see the same behavior). 

I see that the SSID settings between v1 and v3 are not exactly the same and that SSID isolation was removed in favor of guest network. So maybe this is just not possible anymore with v3 (without Omada hardware controller). But if it is possible please let me know what I need to change in my configs. Thanks,

v1 config:

v3 config:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 98

Replies: 0

Related Articles