Issues registering SIP phones with Omada router

2023-12-16 16:18:31
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ER605(UN)_V2_2.2.2 Build 20231017

Hello everyone.

In our company we have purchased this router as an update plan for our network devices. We have configured the router so that it takes static addressing with the information provided by our ISP.

The incident we are presenting is when registering IP phones. Our configuration is very simple due to infrastructure issues: We have a network cable connected from the ISP router to the TPLink RT using the main WAN port. From the TP Link router to the SW using the WAN/LAN port. From each port that the SW offers us, we connect the IP phones. Finally, a cable that goes from the IP phone to each computer.

The new router does not have any special settings, such as VLans, bandwidth control, etc. The old router (NetGear Orbi) also has no special settings. With the old router, the phones are able to register on the network of our telephone provider (Spectrum).

For this router model (ER605 V2) do I need to make any special configuration? I have tried disabling the ALG option but it doesn't work. It should be noted that I am using Omada's software-based controller.

Thank you very much in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issues registering SIP phones with Omada router
2023-12-18 03:37:34

Hi @FabioPM 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Supposedly, no. There should be no special settings done on it until you can point out one. Like your ISP tells you to port forward or do a certain config on the NAT. Or it should work fine.

This largely depends on how your ISP tells you so. And how their IP phone works. You can let me know more after you consult with your ISP. Any FAQ or information would be helpful in determining our next move.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-26 18:12:53

@FabioPM I am having the same problem with an ER8411 router!  I can plug the SIP phone into any other router, cable modem or ONT and it just works. But on the ER8411 it cannot register. I know the router has internet access (all the TP-LINk AP work) and the SIP phone gets an IP address from the router. So there is something in the default config of the router that is blocking SIP phones.

Options
2024-02-26 18:14:24

@TheBaker I am using the latest software.  ER8411 V1.0 running 1.2.0 Build 20231214 Rec 77035

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 479

Replies: 3

Related Articles