TL-SG108E VLAN Config for AP SSID

2024-01-11 04:07:57
Model: TL-SG108E  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: V6.6_1.0.0 Build 20230218

TP Link, can you check my VLAN configurations on my SG1108E switch, they are in the picture below.  I have a FW/Router connected to a TP-Link TL-SG108E on port 1, on port 2 I have a TP-Link TL-WA3001 AP running in Multi-SSID mode. VLANS are setup on the FWP as VLAN 11 - Main, VLAN 33 - Guest , VLAN 55 - Work, VLAN 77 – MoCA, VLAN 88 - IoT. The VLANS are setup on TL-SG108E the same, VLANS 11, 33, and 88 are tagged on Port 1 and Port 2, and VLAN 55 is tagged on Port 1 and Untagged on Port 8 and VLAN 77 is tagged on Port 1 and Untagged on Port 5. The last 2 go directly to a PC for work and a MoCA device for the cable TV. When I am on a wireless connection I cannot connect to devices across VLANS, for example a phone on VLAN 11 to a Chromecast on VLAN 88.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E VLAN Config for AP SSID
2024-01-12 01:52:34

Hi @Mark_JE 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If devices can get IPs and Internet but they don't talk to each other, you should consider the firewall settings on the router.

All you have is an easy smart switch which is not capable of ACL or any blocking.

Even though you are using the 802.1Q VLAN, this is VLAN interface. So the 802.1Q VLAN on the switch does not do anything to the isolation or blocking.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:TL-SG108E VLAN Config for AP SSID
2024-01-19 02:55:05

@Clive_A  Just posting to help others.

• The TP-Link TL-WA3001 appears to isolate SSIDs connected to VLANS, it basically treats all the SSIDs like guest IDs, while there is no documentation on this, I feel like TP-Link support should know this is how it operates.
  • I purchased a TP-Link EAP245 and did the exact same configuration as I did on the WA3001 and all the SSIDs can communicate now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 2

Related Articles