Cannot add my Switch to Omada Controller
Cannot add my Switch to Omada Controller
2024-02-25 14:09:34
Tags: #Configuration #Omada Controller
Model: SG3218XP-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20231013

Hello

I have a SG3218XP-M2 1.0 switch which I would like to add to the Omada controller (Software on Windows 10). The AccessPoints worked very well and were all recognized. Only my switch is not recognized. I have no idea what to do. I have already checked all the settings on the switch. The firewall on the Windows 10 is deactivated. On the switch, I have added the IP address of the controller under the controller settings, just as I did with the APs. I can ping the switch from my Windows PC and I can access the web interface. I have set up a management VLAN for my network components in which the Omada controller is located. I have restarted both devices several times. I have updated everything, the controller with the latest software (5.13.30.8) and the switch with the latest firmware (1.0.1 Build 20231013). I just don't know what to do and I can't find any information on the Internet to help me. Now I hope that someone can help me via the forum. Thank you very much for your support.

Greetings

Oliver

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot add my Switch to Omada Controller
2024-02-26 01:56:03

Hi @OliversQuestion 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is it in the same network? I think your management VLAN is the reason why.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-26 17:14:38

@Clive_A 

Hello Clive

Thank you very much for your answer and support. Here are some pictures of my configurations.

The first picture shows the IP setting of my switch, which I have set up as a management interface. I have set up a VLAN20 for this.

The computer with the Omada controller software is connected to port 10, which is configured as untagged. The AccessPoint on port 7 which is configured as tagged. This are in VLAN20.

I have entered the IP of the controller in the controller settings

In order for the switch to communicate with the Internet, I have set up a static route and a corresponding firewall rule on my firewall

I can ping the switch from the Omada controller PC and access it via web gui 

The settings for the wired network in the Omada Controller

Unfortunately, only the access point is displayed

Configuration IP and  Management-VLAN AccessPoint

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. thank you very much for your help.

Greetings

Oliver

Options
2024-02-27 02:17:55

Hi @OliversQuestion 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

OliversQuestion wrote

@Clive_A 

Hello Clive

Thank you very much for your answer and support. Here are some pictures of my configurations.

The first picture shows the IP setting of my switch, which I have set up as a management interface. I have set up a VLAN20 for this.

The computer with the Omada controller software is connected to port 10, which is configured as untagged. The AccessPoint on port 7 which is configured as tagged. This are in VLAN20.

I have entered the IP of the controller in the controller settings

In order for the switch to communicate with the Internet, I have set up a static route and a corresponding firewall rule on my firewall

I can ping the switch from the Omada controller PC and access it via web gui 

The settings for the wired network in the Omada Controller

Unfortunately, only the access point is displayed

Configuration IP and  Management-VLAN AccessPoint

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. thank you very much for your help.

Greetings

Oliver

You don't have to mosaic the private IP address. That poses no danger to your privacy or network security.

Here's the thing, if you are gonna adopt the switch, you will lose the settings you have now. This means even if I get this switch displayed up there, you will lose control again and will lose the AP as well.

(1. I don't think you should put the inform URL. That's unnecessary in LAN setup. 2. Discovery is sent by broadcast in this VLAN interface X.Y.32.1, I think something is blocking it. 3. If the switch is not in management while AP and controller are and they can find each other, of course, you don't find the switch because it is not included in the management VLAN.)

I would recommend you start over and get them to the default VLAN, no management VLAN yet, after they are adopted, get them to the management VLAN.

There's a guide, and search management VLAN on the official website. It would be the controller one.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options