VIGI NVR1008H-8MP unable to add Hikvision 2DE3A404IW-DE/W

2024-03-07 03:59:49 - last edited 2024-03-08 02:56:25
Model: VIGI NVR1008H-8MP  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Need help to resolve the following issue.

Unable to connect the Hikvision 2DE3A404IW-DE/W to my NVR1008H-8MP.

Camera is successfully added to the channel 2, however the status is " Not certified" and in the monitoring keep prompting the camera password and even I key in the correct password it is still no valid.

2DE3A404IW-DE/W is working fine, and set the password to match and still unable to connect. Is there any setting I need to do to make it working?

Options
5 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR1008H-8MP unable to add Hikvision 2DE3A404IW-DE/W
2024-03-08 02:56:06

Hi @Bobkoh 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Username on VIGI NVR defaults to admin and is not changeable. So, is the username admin for your IPC?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-08 05:51:15

@Clive_A 

Yes, I used the same default user as admin and even the same password as the NVR but it still saying wrong password.

Is it a default user and password which I am not aware off?

Options
2024-03-11 00:48:53

Hi @Bobkoh 

Bobkoh wrote

@Clive_A 

Yes, I used the same default user as admin and even the same password as the NVR but it still saying wrong password.

Password varies based on your camera settings. I mean the NVR does not allow other forms of username except for admin.

Password may be different depending on what you set. Not the password of the NVR. The password of your camera.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-11 10:01:46

Thanks @Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

Hi @Bobkoh 

Bobkoh wrote

@Clive_A 

Password varies based on your camera settings. I mean the NVR does not allow other forms of username except for admin.

Password may be different depending on what you set. Not the password of the NVR. The password of your camera.

Had use username admin and still showing same error. 

Options
2024-03-12 08:56:13

Hi @Bobkoh 

Bobkoh wrote

Thanks @Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

Hi @Bobkoh 

Bobkoh wrote

@Clive_A 

Had use username admin and still showing same error. 

Try to reset both NVR and IPC. I still believe something you did is not correct.

If this does not work, I'd recommend you get a different IPC for the test. Or contact the technical support for a walkthrough on the phone line.

It's common to see a third-party behave like this "Not Certified" and require a password, but getting the username correct as admin and putting in the correct password for the IPC would work well. Done this before but I cannot believe there is an issue in the NVR without a human error.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 5

Related Articles