PoE on Device, but no Data
PoE on Device, but no Data
2024-03-07 07:24:13 - last edited 2024-03-07 07:50:54
Tags: #PoE #Link Down
Model: TL-SG3428XPP-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.2

Hi,

I got different PoE Devices connected to my SG3428XPP-M2 v1.20 Switch.

However I got Problems with a Roombooking System which powers up but no data is going through. The switch is telling me the power on the Port is on but link is down.

Looks like this

I also have an SG2008P v3.20 in the same network with the same devices connected and there is no problem. The Port Profile is the same!

Any ideas?

We also replaced the SG3428XPP-M2. Same problem

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:PoE on Device, but no Data-Solution
2024-03-07 07:29:54 - last edited 2024-03-07 07:50:54

Hi @PROXYTEC 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Consider if there is an issue with the port speed. Set the port to manual and set it to 100Mbps and see if works. This is a 2.5Gbps switch.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:PoE on Device, but no Data-Solution
2024-03-07 07:29:54 - last edited 2024-03-07 07:50:54

Hi @PROXYTEC 
Thanks for posting in our business forum.
Consider if there is an issue with the port speed. Set the port to manual and set it to 100Mbps and see if works. This is a 2.5Gbps switch.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:PoE on Device, but no Data
2024-03-07 07:50:36

@Clive_A 

switched the port manual to 100 Mbit Full Duplex. -> Worked. Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 2

Tags

PoE
Link Down
Related Articles