Setting up two way audio on vigi nvr and audio out via amplifier to speaker

2 weeks ago
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 build 240119

Hi all. I need assiatance ance with connecting my vigi nvr to and audio amplifier which is then connected to an outdoor speaker. 

I have connected the white rca audio output to my amplifier aux input with a rca to aux cable but fail to get any sounds off it. The amplifier and speaker works perfectly when the aux input is my mobile phone or any other device. 

The other thing i notice is that the Vigi NVR is not able to do 2 way communication when using the vigi mobile app. It only allows me to hear the camera mic audio on my tvs and via the built in nvr speaker or I Have To mute the mic audio on the nvr  to be able to speak on the app. 

This does not make sense. If i had to log in to the camera directly on the mobile vigi app i am able to use the 2 way audio normally. 

If i log into the nvr via the vigi mobile app then i am unable to use the 2 way audio UNLESS i physically go the NVR device and change the camera mic audio to mute or unmute to EITHER listen or speak. WHEN I am able to speak via vigi app to nvr, the audio of what i talk is then played on my tv and via the built in speaker on the nvr.There is no 2 way audio otherwise.you have to choose on the nvr to either listen only or talk only. Very frustrating.

Is there something i am doing wrong. How do i get this working? 

I need to connect the audio out from the rca port on the nvr to my audio amplifier with speaker. 

I want to be able to use 2 way talk on the nvr via the vigi mobile app which at the moment doesnt work. There is only an error message saying that THERE IS ANOTHER USER USING THE SERVICE. AS soon as i mute the cameras mic via the PHYSICAL NVR, I am then able to speak only, but wont be able to hear from the camera mic. 

I would of bought another brand nvr had i known this was so confusing 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up two way audio on vigi nvr and audio out via amplifier to speaker
a week ago

Hi  @Ranram 

Bypassing the apmlifier, just connect a mic to audio in and a speaker to the audio out, will it work? We might not support your amplifier. So, that might be the reason why it did not work.

Just connect the regular audio devices to the 3.5 mm jack and what's the result?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 78

Replies: 1

Related Articles