VIGI NVR - failed to add HikVision cameras "IP not available"

2024-05-20 01:50:09
Model: VIGI NVR1008H-8P  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0

I bought a new VIGI NVR to replace an old HikVision NVR from 2016 which was running 6 HikVision POE cameras, model number DS-2CD2342WD. 

After connecting the ethernet cables from each camera into the NVR, the unit tries to automatically add them, returning the following message:

After clicking "Add", the NVR hangs for a while, then returns this message:

I then head to the "Add camera" window and see that the NVR is recognising the cameras:

I try to add them individually, or as a batch, yet this also doesn't work, with the following error being returned:

I'm not entirely sure what to do... Can anyone provide any advice?

Options
3 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR - failed to add HikVision cameras "IP not available"
2024-05-20 02:35:04

Hi @Alfiezoom 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Is there a router on the network? If not, the NVR will play as the DHCP server. So, make sure your HV cameras are under the subnet of the DHCP server hosted by the NVR. 

Make sure they are under the same network(subnet). It should add them normally.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-05-20 04:18:10

@Clive_A thanks!

I discovered that the nvr wasn't connected properly to my router. 

I fixed this, but there is now a different error. I believe this is because the cameras have an IP of 192.168.254.X instead of 192.168.1.X. Is this right?

I tried to change the camera IP through the nvr but it's now asking for a password... if I skip that window it fails. 

Assuming this is why it's failing, do you know if there is any way to change my network IP to 192.168.254.X instead of having to figure out how to reset my cameras?

Options
2024-05-20 08:41:42

Hi @Alfiezoom 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Alfiezoom wrote

@Clive_A thanks!

I discovered that the nvr wasn't connected properly to my router. 

I fixed this, but there is now a different error. I believe this is because the cameras have an IP of 192.168.254.X instead of 192.168.1.X. Is this right?

I tried to change the camera IP through the nvr but it's now asking for a password... if I skip that window it fails. 

Assuming this is why it's failing, do you know if there is any way to change my network IP to 192.168.254.X instead of having to figure out how to reset my cameras?

You cannot skip the password if you have one.

AFAIK, all cameras have authentication systems. I don't think you should skip that.

Change your router subnet to 192.168.254.0/24. Or set a static IP address to each one of the IP cameras and NVR. This will be done manually. NVR cannot batch change that because it does not have control on your IPC.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 3

Related Articles