C540V POE not working, others yes

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: VIGI C540V  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 240221 Rel.58886n

Hi,

I have got a problem with my poe cam and no idea what it is.
Situation: Connection a C540V via POE to a omada switch (enough poe capacity left). I'm using a self crimped installation cable. The cam start moving but I will not get a connection. switch port gray, link down!

When I connect the cam with a normal cat cable, it's working ... well seems like my cabel is corrupted. so I checked the connection, checked the POE status, everything fine!

Thats why I connected a hikvision POE cam at the same cable .. .y voila, working!

Any idea what the problem could be?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:C540V POE not working, others yes-Solution

Hi @pa2024 

You might wanna take a look at this:

Common Questions About 802.3 PoE

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Hi @pa2024 

pa2024 wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi, thanks for your answer but I'm a bit wired why it's a soluction?
Can u help me?

In addition to my last reply, the twisted pair should be this:

Coloring Map T568B
Orange Orange/White
Yellow Orange
Green Greem/White
Blue Green
Purple Blue
Grey Blue/White
Brown Brown/White
White Brown
Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply

Hi @pa2024 

You might wanna take a look at this:

Common Questions About 802.3 PoE

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:C540V POE not working, others yes
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Can u help me?

Options
Re:C540V POE not working, others yes
3 weeks ago

Hi @pa2024 

pa2024 wrote

@Clive_A 

Can u help me?

First, PoE is very simple and it is layer 1. There is nothing we can do with the software.

If this is a PoE controller issue, that may be the compatibility issue. Cable is also a very important factor we need to consider.

You already have an answer which is changing the cable. The problem is to understand the PoE and that's the reason why it was picked as the solution.

Options

Hi @pa2024 

pa2024 wrote

@Clive_A 

Can u help me?

In addition to my last reply, the twisted pair should be this:

Coloring Map T568B
Orange Orange/White
Yellow Orange
Green Greem/White
Blue Green
Purple Blue
Grey Blue/White
Brown Brown/White
White Brown
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 4

Related Articles