Help with using Omada controller on an existing configuration

2024-07-13 22:14:51 - last edited 2024-07-13 22:38:51
Model: EAP115  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.20

Hello.

It is the first time i post on this forum, I hope to be in the correct place.

i need help with my wifi.

I will quickly describe my hardware

I have optical fiber internet connection with the cable that enters my house and goes into a FritzBox router.

To cover all the house I used a 

switch TL-SG1210P with PoE ports, the switch is connected to 5 access points EAP 115

Router and switch were powered by an UPS. I lef home for 7 days and as I was back the UPS was dead, so I powered the devices directly bypassing the UPS and everything started.

After everything was booted this was the situation:

1. the wifi lan still exists but it is without internet

2. the FritzBoz built in (low range) wifi works with internet

So something is wrong with the TP Link Access point setup.

I configured the Access Points years ago before formatting my pc, somehow the devices still work (in fact he wifi with the password i set is still valid), but i am not able to access the configuration.

I tried to install omada controller again, but i can't find a way to use my old settings (likely they are lost since after my pc has been formatted).

Anyway if i creaet a new profile I can see my devices:

device list

but they are in fact "MANAGED BY OTHERS", because they were configured by myself on my old system.

Is there a way I can override the old configuration and take control of the devices? Or should I reset them all one by one?

Could you please suggest how would you proceed in this scenario?

Thanks. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Help with using Omada controller on an existing configuration
2024-07-15 07:35:49 - last edited 2024-07-15 07:39:38

@UnDiUdin 

Explanation of MANAGED BY OTHERS: The device has already been managed by another controller. You can reset the device or provide the username and password to unbind it from another controller and adopt it in the current controller.

I am assuming you did not totally erase the old system settings.So, the devices continue to show that they are managed by others.You can try to see if you can entirely wipe the previous system and uninstall it while clearing all of its data.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Help with using Omada controller on an existing configuration
2024-07-15 18:58:35

@UnDiUdin 

IF you have a backup of the old controller AND IF you restore that backup to a new controller of the same or newer vintage (use the same just in case...you can download older controller versions from the support website) then you can regain control.

IF you still have the Device Admin password written down from the old controller, you can re-adopt your devices, but you will have to rebuild your controller configuration from scratch to retain all the previous settings.

If you have no backups, then re-create your environment in a new controller, and factory reset each device manually using the hardware button.

Consider that if you don't plan to keep your controller around, maybe you should just set up your devices in Standalone mode?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options