Human Detection false positives on the C340
Human Detection false positives on the C340
2024-07-20 11:44:08
Tags: #VIGI Camera #Human Detection
Model: VIGI C340  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1

Hi,
My cameras often give me false positives (alarms) with human detection. I have enabled Active Defense - Human Detection, Camera Tempering. In the Human Detection section, I have set a detection area, The sensitivity is set to 50. These are the scenarios under which I get false alarms. These are when I get false Human detection alarms.
- Fibers/Spider web threads flutter in front of the camera in a breeze. This is not a huge spider web...just a single thread. It could also be just a thin twig.

- When a light is switched off and on again

- When a small insect crawls/flies across the lens

- When it is raining and leaves on a tree move

All of the above happen independently and in the night. This is also because I only arm the cameras at night.

Isn't the whole idea of human detection to have something that resembles a human to cause an alarm? 

Another question:

Does Intrusion detection with Human classification use the same model/algorithm to identify a human? Is one superior to the other?

To use intrusion detection instead of human detection in the above scenarios, I need to identify a practical intrusion time and percentage. Since these insects are close to the lens they may take up about 20-30% of the frame at a given time. Humans at a distance will also occupy about the same frame percentage. Regardless shouldn't the human form be distinctly different from the above?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Human Detection false positives on the C340
2024-07-22 02:07:57 - last edited 2024-07-22 02:08:06

Hi @vin32 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have other types of detection enabled?

Are you sure every notification/alarm is classified as Human Detection? Maybe they are Motion Detection. Not really from Human Detection?

The Human Detection would detect things with things with at least four limbs and a head. 

An object similar to a human with four limbs would be considered a human and it may trigger the detection.

If necessary, please post some pictures of the notifications in your app.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-24 07:43:12

@Clive_A 
My answers inline:

Clive_A wrote

Hi @vin32 

>Human Detection and Camera Camera Tampering only.

Are you sure every notification/alarm is classified as Human Detection? Maybe they are Motion Detection. Not really from Human Detection?

>The notification clearly says Human Detected. I have attached a picture from my app.

The Human Detection would detect things with things with at least four limbs and a head. 

An object similar to a human with four limbs would be considered a human and it may trigger the detection.

>tried to attach a video of the event but couldn't. the video has pretty much the same image as above except you will see the string/fiber swaying a little and a tiny insect (almost a spec) flying past. Nothing close to a human.
I have seen this happen with other cameras in the home routinely. It is particularly bad with detection in the rain. I have tried to draw boundaries for detection around trees but that hasn't helped either.

I would also like an answer to my other question (attached below for reference)
>Does Intrusion detection with Human classification use the same model/algorithm to identify a human? Is one superior to the other?

To use intrusion detection instead of human detection in the above scenarios, I need to identify a practical intrusion time and percentage. Since these insects are close to the lens they may take up about 20-30% of the frame at a given time. Humans at a distance will also occupy about the same frame percentage. Regardless shouldn't the human form be distinctly different from the above?

Options
2024-07-24 08:43:55

Hi @vin32 

vin32 wrote

@Clive_A 
My answers inline:

Clive_A wrote

Hi @vin32 

>Human Detection and Camera Camera Tampering only.

>The notification clearly says Human Detected. I have attached a picture from my app.

>tried to attach a video of the event but couldn't. the video has pretty much the same image as above except you will see the string/fiber swaying a little and a tiny insect (almost a spec) flying past. Nothing close to a human.
I have seen this happen with other cameras in the home routinely. It is particularly bad with detection in the rain. I have tried to draw boundaries for detection around trees but that hasn't helped either.

I would also like an answer to my other question (attached below for reference)
>Does Intrusion detection with Human classification use the same model/algorithm to identify a human? Is one superior to the other?

I need a link to the video. You may upload it to the public video platform.

About the questions, no.

If your model is C340 hardware V2, we may get a beta for you with the optimization of the detection mechanism.

Will send you an email and please reply to the email with the video link.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-24 08:50:25

Hi @vin32 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240768356, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 4

Tags

VIGI Camera
Human Detection
Related Articles