RDP access over VPN doesn't work
2024-07-24 13:13:54
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Hello,

i have LAN network with ER707-M2 router like this:

- router - IP 192.168.1.1

- PC 1 / Windows 11 PRO with Omada Software Controler, file share, SQL Server and RDP host - IP 192.168.1.250

- PC 2 / Windows 10 PRO with file share and RDP host - IP 192.168.1.125

I try configure VPN connection to my LAN network using Wireguar od OpenVPN.

I create two scenario:

1. Wireguard connection (client address 10.110.19.2) or OpenVPN connection (client address 10.117.11.2)

After connection work fine:

- access to router via http

- access to PC 2 via RDP

- access to SQL Server on PC 1

Doesn't work:

- access to RDP on PC 1

- access to file share on PC 1 and PC 2

2. OpenVPN connection wher client get address from pool 192.168.1.30-35

After connection work fine:

- access to router via http

- access to RDP on PC 1 and PC 2

- access to file share on PC 1 and PC 2

- access to SQL Server on PC 1

But client get very popular IP address which is often a problem, so i realy prefer first options but must have RDP to PC 1 and file share.

On PC 1 i disabled "Network level authentication" but it don't help.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and know how to solve it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:RDP access over VPN doesn't work
2024-07-25 02:01:22

Hi @WojciechNEX 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I recommend you check the firewall settings if your company has any sort of firewall installed. Consult this with the IT team to see if they have any rules blocking remote access or VPN IP addresses.

If the VPN works, the tunnel is up, there should be no problem with the remote desktop.

If you can ping the remote PC, this indicates the communication is not blocked. The only thing would be the firewall or settings on the device are not properly configured. That should be examined and the troubleshooting for the router is done.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 159

Replies: 1

Related Articles