Geolocation Blocking

Geolocation Blocking
Geolocation Blocking
2024-07-31 00:07:58 - last edited 2024-07-31 02:47:49
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.6 Build 20240718 Rel.82712

Dear all,

I am here to find out how I can apply Geolocation rules to be blocked on the WAN and the Internal Network?

I have identified the group that I can create for this purpose, but I do not know how to apply the rules correctly.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Geolocation Blocking-Solution
2024-07-31 02:02:38 - last edited 2024-07-31 02:47:49

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You seem to post this on the wrong page. Please select the correct tag as well. If you have trouble following the rules, you may read the community guidelines.
The selected model is OC200.

Apply them in the GW ACL.

If it does not solve your puzzle, please be clear and specific.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-31 03:19:19 - last edited 2024-08-01 02:14:18

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

Artur.Aragao wrote

@Clive_A 

I ran some tests blocking all geolocations and I found it funny to see this site "https://www.baboo.com.br/" go unnoticed, without any blocks.

What is so funny? Post your configs and be sure you have cleared up your cache before any sort of tests.

Try harder to understand how Internet things work before you find it funny. I don't see how it is funny.

1. IP does not always stay the same. It requires updates from time to time. Geo IP does not mean a set of IPs is eternal.

2. FQDN means an IP address. An IP address belongs to AS. AS can be owned by an organization. An organization can be classified into a country. A country stands for a set of IPs in the geo-location.

Quote from Internet IP Address Report

Internet IP Address 2024 Report

IP addresses are managed by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) and its regional registries to various organizations worldwide. In this report, we have collected some data with regards to IPv4 address allocations in 2023 based on the IP2Location.

End quote.

Let's understand?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
2024-07-31 02:02:38 - last edited 2024-07-31 02:47:49

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

You seem to post this on the wrong page. Please select the correct tag as well. If you have trouble following the rules, you may read the community guidelines.
The selected model is OC200.

Apply them in the GW ACL.

If it does not solve your puzzle, please be clear and specific.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Geolocation Blocking
2024-07-31 02:10:30

@Clive_A

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Is the rule always to deny? I had tried to create it enabling only for Brazil and the United States, but I noticed that China went straight from the WAN to the LAN.

Is the router capable of blocking intrusion attempts from other countries? Or does it only prohibit the flow from the LAN to the WAN?

Options
2024-07-31 02:47:30

@Clive_A 

I ran some tests blocking all geolocations and I found it funny to see this site "https://www.baboo.com.br/" go unnoticed, without any blocks.

Options
2024-07-31 03:19:19 - last edited 2024-08-01 02:14:18

Hi @Artur.Aragao 

Artur.Aragao wrote

@Clive_A 

What is so funny? Post your configs and be sure you have cleared up your cache before any sort of tests.

Try harder to understand how Internet things work before you find it funny. I don't see how it is funny.

1. IP does not always stay the same. It requires updates from time to time. Geo IP does not mean a set of IPs is eternal.

2. FQDN means an IP address. An IP address belongs to AS. AS can be owned by an organization. An organization can be classified into a country. A country stands for a set of IPs in the geo-location.

Quote from Internet IP Address Report

Internet IP Address 2024 Report

IP addresses are managed by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) and its regional registries to various organizations worldwide. In this report, we have collected some data with regards to IPv4 address allocations in 2023 based on the IP2Location.

End quote.

Let's understand?

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-01 02:13:44

@Clive_A 

I appreciate your attention to this case and apologize if you misunderstood my position.

I had done some tests with Whois and I had already seen this.

To me, this is funny, because it worked differently than what an Omada user or client would normally expect. This can be solved by blocking lists.

It was not a joke, please understand that. I am not that kind of person, our cultures are different and I really feel that I may have been understood in that way.

On the contrary. I am a small person seeking knowledge on how to better use my set. I understand that not everyone has the patience to respond here, so I am very grateful for the answers.

Thank you, really.
It helped a lot. More than you can imagine.

God bless you generously.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 5

Related Articles