ER605--Adult Content Stopage

2024-08-14 16:36:25 - last edited 2024-08-15 02:36:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have to WIFI routers running off this.  In different ports.  I want to have one of the routers have open web access.  The other router be limited from adult sites.

How do I set this up correctly?  Is there away to do this with open and closed wifi on two different networks?  I was told by Micro Center the Er605 would do this for me.

Please use basic how to because I really have no idea.  To be helpful, the router I want to limit is plugged into the port labled wan/lan 2, the one that I want open is in Lan 4.

Thanks.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:ER605--Adult Content Stopage-Solution
2024-08-14 16:46:00 - last edited 2024-08-15 02:36:05

@ChagrinAtticus 

To block adult use this dns

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-15 01:55:42 - last edited 2024-08-15 02:36:01

Hi @ChagrinAtticus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have the router? Upgrade it to the latest firmware and it will have the function of DPI.

Enable the DPI and block the adult contents. Most commonly known adult sites will be blocked.

With the suggestion from MR.S, using a children-protected DNS server would do extra protection from the newly built sites. As the DPI data is updated over a period of time which may not catch up the latest adult sites.

The DNS should be set on both WAN and LAN which would be the best to prevent any bypass behavior.

How to Set Up Deep Packet Inspection(DPI) on Omada Router

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-08-14 16:46:00 - last edited 2024-08-15 02:36:05

@ChagrinAtticus 

To block adult use this dns

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-15 01:55:42 - last edited 2024-08-15 02:36:01

Hi @ChagrinAtticus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you have the router? Upgrade it to the latest firmware and it will have the function of DPI.

Enable the DPI and block the adult contents. Most commonly known adult sites will be blocked.

With the suggestion from MR.S, using a children-protected DNS server would do extra protection from the newly built sites. As the DPI data is updated over a period of time which may not catch up the latest adult sites.

The DNS should be set on both WAN and LAN which would be the best to prevent any bypass behavior.

How to Set Up Deep Packet Inspection(DPI) on Omada Router

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 154

Replies: 2

Related Articles