DHCP Not Passed through

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP Not Passed through

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
same experience
2015-10-18 01:03:58
Just bought an SG105E.
It is now november 2015 and there is still no solution! Stil version 1!!:(
Options
Re:DHCP Not Passed through
2021-10-23 08:05:21

@talktodan I have had the same issue. I've tried rebooting the switch via System Tools -> System reboot to no avail. Finally, I pulled out the power cable, waited half a minute and attached the power cable again. The DHCP packets get forwarded/distributed again after that.

Options
2022-03-16 21:35:32

@talktodan Hello all!

Does anyone know if this ever got addressed by TP-Link?

I just spent the better part of two days fighting with a few Raspberry Pi's to get connected to my network.

I think I broke Google from the search commbinations and forums I went through.

LUCKILY I ran accross this topic and to my surprise,,, 

1. Unplug power from my TL-SG1016DE

2. Give it the 30 second (1 Mississippi, etc) slow count

3. Plug power back in and

4. Cry tears of joy that the 4 Raspberry Pi's (that all other forums said there was something wrong with the actual board) are now running PERFECTLY.

The only way I could get them to work prior was was either connect them directly to my router OR use a "dumb" switch connected to my router (which technically is the same)

restarting the switch via the "Easy Manage" software or the web gui got me nowhere.

There's got to be a firmware that addresses this.

Firmware Version 1.0.1 Build 20180629 Rel.58355
Hardware Version TL-SG1016DE 3.0

Options
2022-09-01 16:14:18

@thetechjester 

For everyone struggling with this, make sure you know to configure VLAN settings (tagged and untagged) on each interface. This dictates the EGRESS behavior only. You also must set PVID (under VLAN -> Port) to match untagged INGRESS packets to the desired VLAN. This is confusing if you're accustomed to other switches (wherein typically you can only have 1 untagged vlan per port, and thus it is implied behavior for both ingress and egress). 

Options
Related Articles