Can't use smart TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't use smart TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't use smart TV
Can't use smart TV
2014-12-09 08:53:28
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-SF1005D

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Charter

Hello,
I recently purchased this product: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019WDZUU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have one ethernet cable connected to my Charter cable modem. I have one ethernet cable connected to my laptop and I have one ethernet cable connected to my Vizio Smart TV.

It works fine on my laptop, no network issues. When I unplug it and run the internet ethernet straight into my laptop, I have to power off the modem and reset it to resolve issues.

However, it is unable to to connect to my Vizio Smart TV. On my TV, it gives me an error message: nw-1-1000. It shows that my ethernet is connected, however, it shows "Not Available" for Download. When I run the ethernet directly to the modem from the Vizio TV, there are no problems. But when I connect it the TP Link switch, it gives me these issues. How can I resolve this?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't use smart TV
2014-12-10 15:03:04
Between cable modem and SF1005D, there is no router?
If no router, at most one PC can access interent with a cable modem because a switch has no sharing function.
Options
2014-12-16 05:01:40
So I need a router in addition to the switch? Do I even need a switch at all or would the router accomplish what I am trying to do? I have seen plenty of wireless routers, will that also be sufficient or do I need a wired-only router? Thanks, I obviously don't know too much about networking.
Options
2014-12-16 11:44:37
Do you need Wi-Fi signal? If you do, buy a wireless router like TL-WR841N. If you don't need Wi-Fi, buy a wired router like TL-R460. There are LAN ports on the router. If there are too many clients to access internet by cables, you need a switch. If not, you don't need a switch.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 424

Replies: 3

Related Articles