Bridging LANs with 2 CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-11 02:34:48
Region : Austria

Model : CPE510

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : initial

ISP : -

Hello!

I could use some help with bridging two CPE510. At the moment there are two netgear AC routers configured, but they have very poor signal and I hope to improve performance and stability with the CPE510.

In the main office we have internet access (ASA5505), one Windows 2012 server (dhcp, DNS, File-/Printing, HyperV) and a virtual 2012R2 for RD-Services, 8 client computers, some printers and a (Guest/mobile-phone non-productive) WLAN, using a simple home-router with a seperate subnet in the WLAN. Further we have one of the "netgears" attached to the switch coupled with the other one in another building across the street, where we have a switch and three client computers, a NAS and a printer.

The Netgears both use WDS-Bridge mode in a hidden SSID and the second one in the remote building offers another SSID for guest access there.

We need the remote part of the LAN in the same VLAN/Subnet as the other (as home-vpn users, connecting to the ASA via Internet, need to be able to easily access both parts of the network). Basically I am looking for a "WLAN-Cable" to connect the two (dumb, L2) switches.

How do I set up this (or a similar) config with the CPE510?

thanks in advance and greetings from Vienna
Steve
Options
1 Reply
Re:Bridging LANs with 2 CPE510
2015-03-11 17:09:54
Thank you!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 1