[Beta]Connect Tp-Link CPE210 to Mikrotik

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Beta]Connect Tp-Link CPE210 to Mikrotik

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:[Beta]Connect Tp-Link CPE210 to Mikrotik
2015-07-02 20:27:19
LuCi works with the snapshot, but it has to be installed additionally, it is not included in the image. If I flash CC then LuCi crashes, but maybe it will work in next release, I will wait for it and try.
Sure I will post results when installing one, maybe in a few days.
Options
2015-07-02 20:45:58

CyberTod wrote

1-LuCi works with the snapshot, but it has to be installed additionally it is not included in the image.
2-If I flash CC then LuCi crashes, but maybe it will work in next release, I will wait for it and try.

1-Snapshots are like that, never include LuCi
2-in the last 5 days you read a lot about a Repo miss match between CC RC2 & Packages, that's the price of testing RCs
Will wait for your real World field tests updates, it never occurred to me advicing third party solutions, cause imagen someone (not you) flashing a Snapshot (Trunk) and after one hr. crying out for Web interface, they will kill me in posts, one forumer did it once, yelling he was going to lose warranty, he had no clue of no boot files, or how to strip firmware or use the Chinesse tool to strip firmware.
Good Luck, you will make it work
One more, you using default VI editor or did you download VIM or Nano or Joe
Options
2015-07-02 20:59:26
I'm using the default VI editor for now. But If I decide to use more of these devices and flash them all with openwrt I will install Nano.
Options
2015-07-02 22:23:20
In February this guy flashed one, and updated the Wiki, never cane back to the forum, so I suppose everything is allright he talks in the wiki about a recovery mode seems that no need to strip
He compiled a bin but I was never interested to test, now with your findings things have changed, my only extra need is ,Cron it can be used if you install ,Pharos Control on a Lap
but for just 2 devices on a Link it's easier to reboot them manual, with Cron I will forget about it, no one uses wifi at 4 am and all the ones I sold are Links to share Internet between homes, who ever is in the business Pharos Control is the answer, by the way Pharos Control release is behind, the new fw does not work with old Control
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=282151#p282151
Options
2015-07-03 16:46:06
I installed one of the cpe's today. Even though it is suboptimal installation, here are the results :
The client is on the side of our antenna, so the beam is not pointing at him at all. It is a legacy 802.11b/g at this site. The cpe sees a signal of -72 because as I said it is at a bad location. What surprised me is that the ap sees it with -56, so the output power of the cpe is good enough - the 22dBm are average power as said by Tp-Link. The rates are solid 54Mbit/s.
I will post again when I do a proper 802.11n installation.
Options
2015-07-03 17:29:59

CyberTod wrote

I will post again when I do a proper 802.11n installation.

Thank you, yes please update your new findings
Yesterday after your post I posted at the South America forum the incompatible issue between GrooveA-52HPn and CPE210, and I knew Alejandro will read it, and he answered saying he has seen that incompability too, between Mikrotik & some UBNT devices before, once he read the post I received a Skype from him, asking if i was Danymarc, of corsé at Skyoe Im not, i use my name, we talked 2 times before via Skype, it was my mistake by not telling him I was danymarc. here is the link MikrotiK GrooveA-52HPn linkeado a Pharos CPE210
Options
2015-07-15 09:38:51
Dear members

Regarding to the Issues between MikroTik and Pharos devices, the support team has confirmed some cases and is working on it.

The true cause of the incompatibility is yet not confirmed.
But it seems that there is some necessary elements need to be dealt in a specific way during the 802.11 association procedure to MikcroTik access point.

Any updates will be answered at this thread.

Please be patient while the issue is being addressed.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Admin
Options
2015-07-20 10:01:40
@CyberTod

This is a beta firmware that will probably fix the issue between MikroTik and Pharos. Please try this beta and kindly give your feedback.

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?82073-TP_PharOS_1.3.0_150807_Beta-add-CDP-Radius-MAC-Auth-and-compatible-with-MikroTik.

Note: you need to disable WDS option under Wireless menu.

Please try this beta and kindly give your feedback followed the thread. Thanks

Thanks
Options
2015-07-21 21:22:31
The issue is resolved. With this beta the cpe210 connects to Mikrotik and works.
Some feedback on other issues :
Before the upgrade from v1.0 to this beta I have changed the lan ip from 192.168.0.254 to 192.168.0.253. When upgrading I chose to keep the settings, but the ip changed back to 192.168.0.254. The password remained unchanged. I have not done more changes so cannot say if it loses other settings.
And there are many Apply buttons on a single settings page. Does not seem very intuitive. What I did now is I selected the ssid of the AP and checked Auto on ack timeout. But in order to apply both of them I have to click on two different Apply buttons, because they are in different sections even though they are on the same page.
Options
2015-07-22 11:48:07
@CyberTod

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We will have a more completed fix for this issue in next stable release.

And thank you for the suggestion of Web UI.
Options