TL-WA7210N seriously unstable-unreliable!!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA7210N seriously unstable-unreliable!!!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:TL-WA7210N seriously unstable-unreliable!!!!
2015-07-23 23:39:18
Hello danymark and thanks for your response! I will try your suggestion :)
Options
2015-07-23 23:47:07
Hello CodeFetch!! 200meters to a smartphone is indeed an easy task with WA7210! As i described, the network operates normally (iphones, android smartphones etc.) from a distance even 300 meters! There is a clear line of sight. The problem is that there are limited connection prompts very often! (Even at 50meter distance....)
Options
2015-07-24 00:52:54
U

CodeFetch wrote

I've never experienced anything that comes close to what you describe with ordinary consumer oriented hardware. Yes, we did 30km+ links
A stable 700m+ connection with an iPhone? There weren't any cell phone towers or other wifi networks around, were they?

@CodeFetch, like I told you Im busy, at this moment I cant make the test I offered, but I will start with this.
The picture is standing beside the 510 AP you can see Fresnel zone is blocked only North is clear my home is 3 stories, orange building to right is 4 and to left is 5 storie building, the opening for the signal between 9 & 12 feet, if you enlarge the picture you will see a white building, my daughter lives in second floor, this is a link between 2-510s use to be one 7210 on AP mode and a flashed 741 router as Client
If I stand on her balcony, I connect to the AP and surf the web. I remember even doing settings change from the balcony.
You may ask why connect directly to AP if it's a Link, just for testing the 7210 capacity, I'm not posting it's ideal, no it's not, but if IPHONE 4 connects to 7210 and surfs the web, the point here is, 200mts. is a piece of cake
Yes there is many homes in the path, but building being on a hill, and AP is about 12 mts high wifi from the homes don't have the power to provide noise to the AP

sube
Options
2015-07-24 09:57:45
Nice experience.

It seems that iPhone does have some true advantages of manufacturing quality.
Options
2015-07-24 10:32:22

Tobacco wrote

It seems that iPhone does have some true advantages of manufacturing quality.

Thank you @Tobacco
Yes 510 is all you post, all started like this
I wanted to share Internet to my daughter, I set a 5210 at my home, I had the Client set, a 741 flashed to OpenWrt, and went up to her apartment with my Lap, sat on the balcony I did not spect 741 to receive signal indoors, neither expected to connect my Lap to 5210, I opened the lid of Lap and when I was hooking Lan cable between 741 and Lap, big surprise my Lap had internet via 5210, I was shock, then I knew for 741 flashed to OpenWrt would be a piece of cake
Once it connects at 778 mts, 200 mts it's a laugh for 5210, 7210
Never tested 210 I have one right now, but don't have the time.
Options
2015-08-03 22:55:24
as pòsted on #14, I had time yesterday, and had a CPE210 from a friend, so i could do the test in comparison with what I archived with 5210, 7210 & CPE510
Results: with iPhone 6 I can connect to 210, but web surfing is impossible, see pictures, web pages partially open.

imagen

subir fotos online

subir fotos online

subir foto

imagenes gratis

subir imagenes gratis
now same place same distance 778 meters with CPE510, same result as with 5210 & 7210
I can surf the web, no issues

subir gif

sube imagenes

subir imagenes
Options
2015-08-11 16:39:44
Good test! @danymarc

Maybe it is because CPE210 is using 9dbi antenna. Both 7210 and 5210 uses 12dbi antenna so they can isolate the interference signal better and becomes more sensitive to the focusing direction. There seems will be CPE220 coming with higher gain antennas.

Also, have you try adjust parameters such as distance, channel, etc to see whether CPE210 can do the job? (I am just curious)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: your photos are generally be re-sized to small thumbnails.
Only the first picture can be displayed in full size after I click on it. Others are not in full sized.

I check the page source and I think the link of the pictures you quote is not for full size. You may need to figure out what link should be insert into the posts.

This is the first picture which is full size. The blue link is the link of the thumbnail displayed inside your posts.The red link is the true link.
URL= http://postimg.org/image/a7214utad/full/
[IMG]= http://s18.postimg.org/qutj7co21/image.jpg

Others are not full size. The blue link is the link of the thumbnail displayed inside your posts.The red link is the true link but the field is empty behind http://postimage.org
URL= http://postimage.org
[IMG]= http://s17.postimg.org/62u7x9cvz/IMG_0875.png
Options
2015-08-11 19:20:52
On the picture issue, you are correct, when I check with my iPad that I'm now, I can view all at same size and they display perfect, if I move to Laptop sometimes I see what you post, with Chrome, if after e.g. 2 hrs. I open again the post on Lap then all is normal, then I ask myself, what the heck
I don't have that issue with iPad or iPhone I only see it with Lap Win7 never seen it with Win XP
Later I will reupload the ones you mention, that job was done on iPhone screen is way smaller than iPad for sure I could had clicked thumbnail instead of forum picture, but like I posted here in iPad all looks same size and correct, must be a special iPad performance

And to answer your post 5210 and 7210 never had a 12 dBi antenna that's what specs say in real life is 15 dBi

I did some tweaking to 210 from distance, but remember the interface takes a sleep between changes and its desperate, neither seen any improvement
5210 by default has a distance of 4 and 7210 by default has a distance set to zero, I never moved those, never had a issue with it, my answer is distance works only to a same device, 5210 or 7210 linked to 5210 or 7210, I don't believe distance set on 210 will work to iPhone only if I had set beamfoarming, that will work to iPhone but on 778 mts. I didn't try it I assumed there will be no dif
Options
2015-08-11 22:30:43

radvd wrote

PS: your photos are generally be re-sized to small thumbnails.
Only the first picture can be displayed in full size after I click on it. Others are not in full sized

I had check this in iPad, iPhone, Win 7 & Win XP dont see any problems
the problem it could be that iPhone did shoots and saves in .png format
As a test I upload same picture as .png and second as .jpg, you tell me the dif.
.PNG

share image
.JPG

subir fotos online
Options
Re:Re:TL-WA7210N seriously unstable-unreliable!!!!
2019-07-08 13:21:37

i can get beta firmware tl wa7210n?..i searching not found

Options