CPE210 extending EAP220 hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE210 extending EAP220 hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:CPE210 extending EAP220 hotspot
2015-10-14 17:16:47
Finally you were very clear, I think I just prefered not to understand, because now I don't know how to do :)

Do you see any other solution to extend the hotspot outdoor (with the CPE or other device) ?

Many thanks again !
Options
2015-10-14 17:38:08
If what you want is to extend the EAP hotspot, you can setup CPE in repeater mode but as I've said, no portal process since the second device connects to CPE. This solution is not recommended.

Otherwise for outdoor Wi-Fi access only, you can mount a CPE or TL-WA7210 outdoor and configure them in AP mode.Then wired connect the device to internet access, for example, the LAN port on a router/ADSL.
In my opinion, this is a better choice.
Options
2015-10-16 09:16:26
If the CPE is working at 3-address mode (disable WDS), all the devices will use CPE's MAC to communicate with EAP, and that's why only the 1st time you try to access internet requires a portal authentication.
If the CPE is working at 4-address mode (enable WDS), none of these devices require portal authentication, even at the first time...

So it's not due to CPE, it's caused by the realization way of EAP itself, I think you will meet the same problem with any other products...
If you want to use the portal function of EAP, the reliable way is still connect it to EAP itself directly .
Options
2015-10-17 01:50:36
I kind people !

I bought them. The problem is that I can't install eap controller software on Mac osx... I have to wait till sunday to have a win pc and try everything.

winstar : the reliable way is still connect it to EAP itself directly
You mean connect directly the CPE to the EAP right ? I can do that, but wich mode do I have to use then (bridge, AP, repeater...) ?

Thank you all
Options
2015-10-19 08:35:35

chs wrote

You mean connect directly the CPE to the EAP right ? I can do that, but wich mode do I have to use then (bridge, AP, repeater...) ?

No,..I just mean connect the users' wireless devices such as phone/PC directly to EAP other than CPE.
With CPE, the portal function on EAP will be restricted
Options
Related Articles