Tp-link EAP110 Settings lost after power off & EAP Controller for Mac OS X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-07 04:44:07
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello
I have bought recently an EAP110 device for a small business.

I have configure it, but when I power off the device.... it lost all its settings and I need to reconnect the EAP Controller.
I'm looking for EAP Controller for Mac OS X... and I don't find it, or all the PC in my business works with OS X, no windows allowed.

So my question is simple : is it a solution ?
If the device EAP 110 need a permanent contact with the console EAP Controller...
If the power off of the device reset settings when no contact with EAP Controller...
... I have to resent it to the seller, because this device won't work in my business !

Do you have a solution on this two problems ?

Sincerly
Thomas
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tp-link EAP110 Settings lost after power off & EAP Controller for Mac OS X
2015-11-07 10:20:29
The EAP110 don't need permanent contact with the EAP Controller. After you configure the EAPs successfully the EAPs won't reset by itself. So for the problem, you should check whether you configure EAPs normally. After you configure in the Controller, could you see whether the configuration of EAPs are the same as you set in the controller? It would be better if you send the screenshot for me.
Options
2015-11-17 15:49:55
Depending on what I am doing with the controller when I shut it off i will see this behavior in the eap120. Quickly fixed by restarting the eap controller software, which then reconfigured the eap's
Options
2015-11-17 18:53:33
Which mean that after you shut off the Controller then the configuration of the EAP will be different from the Controller? And after you restart the Controller then the configuration will be same? For another advice, upgrade all the firmware version if EAP and Controller are not the latest. If it still doesn't make any sense, maybe you should contact TP-LINK support by submit the ticket. http://ticket.tp-link.com/
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1607

Replies: 3