TL-AP500 AC1900 Wireless Gigabit Access Point - AP mode with same SSID for different bands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-AP500 AC1900 Wireless Gigabit Access Point - AP mode with same SSID for different bands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-21 16:33:05
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I believe this TL-AP500 AC1900 Wireless Gigabit Access Point offers 2 bands (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz). My question is, whether under AP mode, it can be configured to have the same SSID, so that it can simultaneously provides the 2 bands.

the example given in your FAQ:"
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1072.html " only shows settings for 2.4Ghz, can I mirror the same settings (except for channel width & frequency) for 5Ghz as well?

If it does allow same SSID on different bands, does it mean that, when in range of both bands, network clients (which support both) will automatically choose the band or rather confused and show "network error"?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 0