Two TL-WA7510N AP/Client problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-14 05:32:28
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, I'm having a problem and I'm here to ask for some help.

I have 2 TL-WA7510N, one in my house and another one in a remote location (about 700m from my home). For the last 2/3 years I was using them as AccessPoint (my house) and Client (the remote location) without major problems.

Last week the connection stopped working, since then I couldn't make it to work again. I tried hundreds of things with no luck. I found that when my house is the AccessPoint the TL-WA7510N in the remote location does not even see the SSID. When I configure the remote location as AP in my home I see the SSID (with about 30db in antenna alignement). But it does not connect
I remember that when the link was working I had only 25db and the network was fine.

It seems that there is a problem that makes imposible to the remote TL-WA7510N to receive information from my home's TL-WA7510N.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me.
Thank you!!!
Options
6 Reply
Re:Two TL-WA7510N AP/Client problem
2016-07-15 21:43:59
it could had blown
Check if you can reset it to default, and reload the
firmware and set it up again
Options
2016-07-17 20:47:19
Thanks for your response. I did that in both devices with no luck. I did a reset via the button in the device and via software. Also I restored the firmware.

Something I didn't mention. I brought the remote device to my house I put it in front of the local device and they did a connection with no problems. It seems to be an issue when the AP needs big power to create tu tunnel in long distances.
I changed the POE and the power supply but it didn't work. I think that one of the devices is broken but I would appreciate any other advise. Thanks!
Options
2016-07-18 02:28:56
Anything lately blocking the PTP (the link) foliage grows daily
If that's not the case buy a new one they are really cheap
Options
Two TL WA7510N AP/Client pr
2016-08-03 18:31:03
Ive got two of these. Tried all the firmware available on both of them. I can get one of them to work as a client bridge with an airport express, a WRT350N and a WRT54GL. But I cant get it to work with another WRT160NL as the access point. I can get the two to wirelessly connect to each other but unable to ping each other or anything beyond.
Options
2017-01-15 18:34:04
Hello. I'm in same situation. I tried to configure 2 TL-WA7150N as AP and Client mode. All works fine but only if each AP have WEP security. As we know, the WEP is not secure so I tried to change it to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK but without success. I tried several configurations of security e.g.:
AP1:

Operation Mode:
Standard AP
Wireless settings:
Operation mode: Access Point
SSID: AP1
Region: Slovak Republic
Transmit power: 8dbm
Channel: Auto
Mode: 11NA HT40
Max TX rate: 150Mbps
Enable Wireless Radio: true
Enable SSID broadcast: false
Enable DFS: true

AP2

Operation Mode:
Standard AP
Wireless settings:
Operation mode: Client
MAC of AP: MAC_OF_AP1
Region: Slovak Republic
Transmit power: 8dbm
Enable Wireless Radio: true Enable DFS: true

When Security both of APs is WEP all works fine. When I changed security to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK both AP2 could not connect to AP1. I tried change setting to bridge with AP but after few days the APs lost connection and could not after reboot.

Each AP has same firmware:
Firmware Version: 3.12.6 Build 130427 Rel.69746n
Hardware Version: WA7510N v1 00000000

I tried everything but it is impossible to connect AP1 and AP2 with better security. Could you please point me to the correct settings?
Options
2017-01-15 23:31:50
Ok. I found the problem. I had configured AP1 with hidden SSID and AP2 had connection to AP1 by MAC not SSID. When I changed these settings all works fine but I don't understand, why all works fine with WEP security but not with WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. Why AP1 could not have hidden SSID when secutiry is set to WPA-PSK?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1048

Replies: 6

Related Articles