EAP 110 - cant adopt Access Points from Management console

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-19 22:10:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We have bought 4 access point EAP110 ad wanted to have tem under the same SSID. All Access points have been connected to the same router in the same network. After EAP manger was installed it picked one AP as a master AP. I than tried t find the others AP's but couldn't. I was browsing the tlink forum and came across some info to update the firmware which I did. After restarting the PC and the router I could see finally all AP's appearing. I tried then to adopt them to the master and the request timed out.

I tried several different options, First to connect to a switch before I connect them to our router. If I check on the router web interface The MAC addresses of all the AP's show as unknown device.

In the forum I could no find any other problem like this. I would appreciate if someone can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP 110 - cant adopt Access Points from Management console
2016-09-21 18:50:17
When you could see all AP's appearing but you cannot adopt, i could guess that your PC which installed the EAP controller is wireless connected to the router, right? The PC which install EAP controller should use Ethernet cable connect to your network then it would be more stable. The time out could be blame to the connection between them are unstable.
Options
2016-09-21 19:50:39
I had the Laptop with the management console (EAP) always with Ethernet cable connected to the router. Today I tried to hard reset one of the AP's and connected it directly to the router and I was able to adopt this AP successfully. Need to check tomorrow if the other AP'S need a hard reset as well. I will let you know tomorrow. Thanks for your advice.
Options
2016-09-21 19:51:38
I had the Laptop with the management console (EAP) always with Ethernet cable connected to the router. Today I tried to hard reset one of the AP's and connected it directly to the router and I was able to adopt this AP successfully. Need to check tomorrow if the other AP'S need a hard reset as well. I will let you know tomorrow. Thanks for your advice. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1506

Replies: 3