Tplink cpe210 disconnects users in ap mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tplink cpe210 disconnects users in ap mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
28 Reply
Re:Tplink cpe210 disconnects users in ap mode
2016-12-19 04:31:44

kramer wrote

I have the same exact problem, I have a CPE210 V1.1 working in client mode, it works for a while sometimes a couple of hours some times seconds. It works but disconnects from the AP. I have to go through SURVEY again to select the AP and reconnect...

If you solve this problem, please let me know!

It appears to work better during the day, it becomes worse in the night, meaning it disconnects more often and have to select the AP again...

I am working on firmware version 1.3.3 Build 20160705 Rel. 52453

I have same problem. Anyone can solve this problem?

The device simply does not connect to any wireless network when in client mode or bridge mode. The connection is only possible in repeater mode. I have about 30 stopped equipment due to this problem. Hardware CPE210 V1.1 Firmware Version: 1.3.3 Build 20151215 and 1.3.3 Build 20160705.

Screenshots:

In this screenshot, the equipment is in client mode.

In this screenshot, the equipment is in repeater (Range Extender) mode.

The Range Extender mode is the only one that connects to networks. Other modes simply do not connect. I am with 30 equipment stopped here due to this problem.

Thank's
The device simply does not connect to any wireless network when in client mode or bridge mode. The connection is only possible in repeater mode. I have about 30 stopped equipment due to this problem. Hardware CPE210 V1.1 Firmware Version: 1.3.3 Build 20151215 and 1.3.3 Build 20160705
Options
2017-04-13 05:34:59

R1D2 wrote

Sorry, but danymarc is absolutely right: without much more details regarding your setup, especially wireless parameters and the log file at the time of breaks, nobody here is able to answer your questions in order to help you. My CPE210 runs without any problems for weeks, but it had been tested and set up carefully to work in the given environment. So to get any help, post your CPE settings, information about the environment and an excerpt of the log file if you expect other CPE users to help you in their spare time. Or call TP-Link support if you want an answer from TP-Link.

hat you feel it, it does not help. The product does not work in its TDMA configuration (MAXTREAM). It is unstable, disconnects all clients at random and then rarely reconnects them alone and without restarting. The firmware is 1.3.3 (the last one for this hardware version, V1.0). Disabling this option only improves it a bit. Even the connections are not stable despite having very good signal and in the absence of interference. I have noticed that in the new firmwares directly have appeared options, as those that made them so much propaganda (beamforming), which shows the improvised. Unfortunately I have invested in a lot of these equipments due to the low interference in the frequencies available outside the normal ranges of 2.4 GHZ, but at the moment it does not work. And I am surprised that they are as little useful as a forum, since the limited configurations and if I have committed that the network is working is because it is not a configuration problem. Very bad omen for these products, because the most important to compete in the ISP mercy, is the technical support of nivel.-
Options
2017-04-13 06:02:38
Boris01, I'm not sure I understand you correctly. I've used MAXtream and it worked perfectly in firmware 1.3.3 on a 1km radio link, but since it has no advantage on my PtP use case I disabled it. But see below.

The last version for hardware v1.0 is firmware 2.0.0, but it is mainly a "Visual Identity Update" meaning it has a new look&feel, the new TP-Link logo and few extended functions. IIRC beamforming once was there in very old firmware versions, but has been removed at least since version 1.3.3 on.

If you actually operate your devices outside the 2412 - 2472 MHz band, it is no wonder that you cannot get stable links or links at all. I don't know any country which has released frequencies outside 2400 - 2483 MHz for WiFi use. There could be any other devices using those frequencies and they almost certainly cause interferences with WiFi equipment. If you really want to compete with WISPs, use the frequencies released for WiFi use.

That said, depending in which country/place you live in, the 2.4 GHz band may be worse than the 5 GHz band if it comes to the aspects of interferences. Not only are consumer devices of all kind in the 2.4 GHz band, but also many other devices such as (non-navigational) location services, identification services, news radio and many more. Most often they are even allowed to have much more TX power than WiFi devices.

But even more worse is to use any frequency outside the legal 2.4 GHz band.

For example, in my country the frequency band from
2320 - 2400 MHz (channels 237 to 255) are assigned to amateur radio and mobile communications, for both civilian and military service. I would be crazy if I would use those channels. First of all, they don't use any WiFi protocol there which might create any kind of interferences with WiFi equipment. Second, I certainly would not try to mess with military services using this frequency band. If I would cause interferences in their communication, I not only could get a significant fine, but the regulatory authorities also would have the right to seize all my WiFi equipment.

Frequencies from 2483.5 to 2500 MHz is mobile communications over satellites in my country. This will have interferences if operating WiFi equipment in channels 76 and above. Same as above applies (in my country) regarding law enforcement if I would use this frequency band.

That is basic knowledge for someone who wants to compete with WISPs.

Now post details of your setup if you wish someone in the forum to help you, but don't blame the devices for improper use.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-04-14 09:22:05

R1D2 wrote

Boris01, I'm not sure I understand you correctly. I've used MAXtream and it worked perfectly in firmware 1.3.3 on a 1km radio link, but since it has no advantage on my PtP use case I disabled it. But see below.

The last version for hardware v1.0 is firmware 2.0.0, but it is mainly a "Visual Identity Update" meaning it has a new look&feel, the new TP-Link logo and few extended functions. IIRC beamforming once was there in very old firmware versions, but has been removed at least since version 1.3.3 on.

If you actually operate your devices outside the 2412 - 2472 MHz band, it is no wonder that you cannot get stable links or links at all. I don't know any country which has released frequencies outside 2400 - 2483 MHz for WiFi use. There could be any other devices using those frequencies and they almost certainly cause interferences with WiFi equipment. If you really want to compete with WISPs, use the frequencies released for WiFi use.

That said, depending in which country/place you live in, the 2.4 GHz band may be worse than the 5 GHz band if it comes to the aspects of interferences. Not only are consumer devices of all kind in the 2.4 GHz band, but also many other devices such as (non-navigational) location services, identification services, news radio and many more. Most often they are even allowed to have much more TX power than WiFi devices.

But even more worse is to use any frequency outside the legal 2.4 GHz band.

For example, in my country the frequency band from
2320 - 2400 MHz (channels 237 to 255) are assigned to amateur radio and mobile communications, for both civilian and military service. I would be crazy if I would use those channels. First of all, they don't use any WiFi protocol there which might create any kind of interferences with WiFi equipment. Second, I certainly would not try to mess with military services using this frequency band. If I would cause interferences in their communication, I not only could get a significant fine, but the regulatory authorities also would have the right to seize all my WiFi equipment.

Frequencies from 2483.5 to 2500 MHz is mobile communications over satellites in my country. This will have interferences if operating WiFi equipment in channels 76 and above. Same as above applies (in my country) regarding law enforcement if I would use this frequency band.

That is basic knowledge for someone who wants to compete with WISPs.

Now post details of your setup if you wish someone in the forum to help you, but don't blame the devices for improper use.

Well, firstly I think you are in error when you express that the latest firmware for hardware V1.0 is 2.0.0, That firmware version is for V2.X hardware versions.

Second, TDMA (maxtream in the case of tplink) does not make any sense in a point-to-point link; Since this protocol establishes the time division for a multipoint point system and precisely the problems of its performance are observed in this type of topology..

Thirdly, interference can make sense, but it has been tested at every available frequency and compared to different equipment and the problem of random disconnection persists in tplink equipment. There are times that it was thought that could be the maxtream, but disabling it is not completely solved. Automatic distance calculation, enabled or disabled does not differentiate

Finally, the configuration is very simple in these equipments, it is in configuration bridge.-

Options
2017-04-14 18:26:41

Boris01 wrote

Well, firstly I think you are in error when you express that the latest firmware for hardware V1.0 is 2.0.0, That firmware version is for V2.X hardware versions.

This is nonsense. I use PharOS V2 on my V1 hardware. V2 is just a visual identity upgrade, meaning it changed only look & feel and the TP-Link logo by reason of the company's 20-year anniversary. I also use such visual identity upgrades on other TP-Link gear such as the Easy Smart Switches, which also can be upgraded despite their hardware version.

See http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?94812-Upgrading-all-my-Pharos-v1.x-network-to-2.0

Second, TDMA (maxtream in the case of tplink) does not make any sense in a point-to-point link; Since this protocol establishes the time division for a multipoint point system and precisely the problems of its performance are observed in this type of topology..

I did write this already. Nevertheless I am testing all kinds of setups and so I did test TDMA of several CPE210s in a PtMP setup even with an additional TL-WA7210 using beta firmware, which enables TDMA for this device, too. But since I use only PtP in day-to-day use for a permanent directional radio link at the moment, I disabled it after testing and seeing that it perfectly works. I'm testing all and everything of functionality of the devices I can get hands on. It is my business as a consultant to get practical experience with the gear I'm selling, so I can advise customers without having to guess or think or believe etc.

Thirdly, interference can make sense, but it has been tested at every available frequency and compared to different equipment and the problem of random disconnection persists in tplink equipment. There are times that it was thought that could be the maxtream, but disabling it is not completely solved. Automatic distance calculation, enabled or disabled does not differentiate

I'm out of this discussion now.

You're using TEST mode with non-WiFi frequencies, so every problem appearing in this mode, which - as the names says - is for testing, but not for regular use, is just a useless waste of time and will not lead to any solution.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-04-15 15:09:23
thanks you for share!:)
Options
Sigue todo mal
2017-05-11 07:35:26
Gentlemen: it continues to malfunction, a few moments ago it happened again, it simply connects and disconnects all the clients, continue until you restart it. To top it off in a random way, it can be fine 5 hours and nothing happens, but without reason starts this problem. It is not with a particular computer, it is with all, in its AP function (point-multipoint), either with maxtream enabled or not. Sres TPLINK, fix this there is a lot of money invested.-

congnt22 wrote

thanks you for share!:)
Options
2017-05-11 07:39:56

Gentlemen: it continues to malfunction, a few moments ago it happened again, it simply connects and disconnects all the clients, continue until you restart it. To top it off in a random way, it can be fine 5 hours and nothing happens, but without reason starts this problem. It is not with a particular computer, it is with all, in its AP function (point-multipoint), either with maxtream enabled or not. Sres TPLINK, fix this there is a lot of money invested.-

Options
2017-05-11 07:48:29
I agree that the fact that you continue to comment in this way is a real waste of time for everyone because it does not contribute anything. The use of the "TEST" mode only releases the use of the entire range of frequencies in which the equipment can operate at maximum operating power and does not condition the operation with regard to the problems I am raising. These teams have problems and are serious, so to make the misunderstandings will not improve sales to TPLINK, since the only reason to acquire them is that they work reliably.-
Options
2017-05-11 07:50:28
I agree that the fact that you continue to comment in this way is a real waste of time for everyone because it does not contribute anything. The use of the "TEST" mode only releases the use of the entire range of frequencies in which the equipment can operate at maximum operating power and does not condition the operation with regard to the problems I am raising. These teams have problems and are serious, so to make the misunderstandings will not improve sales to TPLINK, since the only reason to acquire them is that they work reliably.-
Options