TL-SG-108E V2 - VLAN 1 tagging
Re:Returned my switch
2018-12-28 04:01:59 - last edited 2018-12-28 04:03:07

I think you should try and contact the TP Link customer centre. They are great i had an issue in setting my vlan in my company. But all was to no avail. I then contacted them and it was short and easy. You will be amazed!. hope i helped you.

Options
Re:Re:TL-SG-108E V2 - VLAN 1 tagging
2018-12-29 00:18:24

Hello,

Are there plans to fix the VLAN 1 issue for TL-SG108E v4? I bought the latest version thinking that since the issue was fixed for v3, it would also be fixed for v4. However, I was wrong.

Thanks in advance

Options
Re:TL-SG-108E V2 - VLAN 1 tagging
2019-05-16 19:38:30

Hello!

Is there any chance of getting an update on the V1 hardware TL-SG105E? I bought two switches from Amazon, both came version 1, it is impossible to edit Vlan 1.

Options
Re:Re:TL-SG-108E V2 - VLAN 1 tagging
3 weeks ago
I have bought a SG1016DE v3, and I am unable to apply the new firmware on it... see my other post.
Options
Re:TL-SG-108E V2 - VLAN 1 tagging
a week ago

Bought one of these today - have an outdoor cabana that requires both my default vlan and my TV vlan and has a single cat5 run to it.  Figured this was a pretty inexpensive way to solve the problem.

I'm a 25 year networking pro with 20 years working for a router/switch vendor.  It took me way to long to get this silly thing working.  Plug and Play?  not with VLANs.

Firstly, the 802.1Q VLAN setup while seemingly intuitive does not work.  I clicked all the right "applies" to get my VLAN tables perfect (tagged port 1 in both vlan default and 4, port 2 in VLAN 4, balance of ports left in default).    Despite this, the switch blackholed my vlan 4.  It simply did not transmit any frames from VLAN 4 on port 1.  I connected a sniffer and watched all the frames coming out tagged with VLAN 1, but nothing from VLAN 4.  

I mucked with this a lot, upgraded firmware as well to the latest with no luck.  On a whim, and shortly before this went into the garbage, I made VLAN 4 a PVLAN on ports 1 and 2  and lo and behold, it started to process VLAN 4 frames.

I also set the system IP to something other than default about 6 times, but no matter what I did, it went back to 192.168.0.1.

Beyond all of that, not being able to control VLAN 1 is problematic for more complex, brownfield installs.  That said, this product is for me much more a small home office, small business deal and should do the trick.

P

Options