Configuration advice request - CPE210 to boost wifi hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-31 05:01:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I live full time in an RV park which provides wifi via internet hotspot, but the signal strength is very poor, with speeds extremely slow. So, no cable modem, and drilling through the walls is not an option.

My objective was to receive and boost, the wifi internet signal from the hotspot. Then provide encryption, and broadcast this wireless internet throughout my home. I do have an access code to the hotspot, by the way.

Anyway, recently purchased 2, CPE210 devices to accomplish this. My thoughts were, use one to receive, boost signal, and output to wired internet, then use the second to convert wired to wireless (basically like wireless router,) Perhaps overkill, I know, but amplification is adjustable.

None of the configuration methods have worked so far. Even tried using one as wireless bridge - didn't work. AP Router mode, by the way, simply does not work, and I updated the firmware (2017).

I think the CPE210 is a great product, but I am really frustrated at this point.

Thanks for you help in advance.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Configuration advice request - CPE210 to boost wifi hotspot
2017-07-31 07:25:05
See my answer at: http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?99343-Application-question-using-2-CPE210&p=211332&viewfull=1#post211332

It's not that easy to re-broadcast WiFi from a hotspot, it strongly depends on the Captive Portal and authentication scheme they use. Unless you know what authentication scheme they use, it's not possible to decide which CPE config would fit (if possible at all).
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2017-08-08 13:53:24

Ken Niles wrote

Anyway, recently purchased 2, CPE210 devices to accomplish this. My thoughts were, use one to receive, boost signal, and output to wired internet, then use the second to convert wired to wireless (basically like wireless router,) Perhaps overkill, I know, but amplification is adjustable.

Your idea is just OK. But you don't need two CPE210. Only one CPE210 is enough.Configure CPE210 as Client mode and inside your RV, you need a desktop AP such as http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-12_TL-WA801ND.html.Then connect CPE210 to the desktop AP via an Ethernet cable.

Please also see http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?99048-help-with-CPE210-amp-TL-WA801ND
Options
2017-08-23 10:01:11
I am in the same situation with an RV. I purchased a CPE210 and have it mounted outside my trailer facing one of the many wifi antennae in the rv park. I have the wifi password for the rv park but no matter which mode I am using I cannot seem to get an internet connection through ethernet.

What I was hoping to do was to use the CPE210 to grab the rv park wifi signal, bring in a wired connection from the CPE210 into the back of an older airport extreme, and then use that to broadcast a stronger wifi signal through my RV. I seem to be getting close but can never get an internet connection. I am illiterate in these regards but I can overhaul your jet engine if need be. Any assistance would be appreciated please.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2160

Replies: 3