Deco M5 creating seperate networks instead of one network for all nodes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-02 17:11:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've 3 Deco M5 nodes. I've created wifi-network on the first node and later added two nodes. One node will - against my will - act as a seperate wifi network in the Deco Android app.

I've upgraded the firmware on all nodes (Firmware: 1.1.5 Build 20170820 Rel. 62483). I've deleted all networks within the Deco app, reset all nodes and then recreated the network. After moving a node (powering it down, replacing it connecting it via ethernet cable) the led will turn green and I'm able to connect to the wifi, but it will again be seen as a seperate network in the Deco app.

When I change the SSID name of the first network, it will also be applied to the second network. So I think they actually act as one network, but are seen as seperate networks within the app.
Options
11 Reply
Re:Deco M5 creating seperate networks instead of one network for all nodes
2017-09-04 15:29:02
As I know, all the deco units will share the same SSID&password and act as a whole wifi system. Can you share a screenshot of the seperate networks within the app?
Options
2017-09-04 18:43:30
Screenshot from the Android app:

It's in Dutch, so it won't make much sense to all. What you can see here is that there are two networks. I can switch between the networks and one network will have 2 Deco M5 nodes and one network will have 1 Deco M5 node.
Options
2017-09-05 15:28:10
Hi sAnexeh, thanks for sharing. If all your deco units are connected via Ethernet cable. Can you draw draw a network map? Here are some connections which may not good for the deco:

Options
2017-09-05 15:56:53

This is the way it's currently configured -- kinda how I'd like to configure it at other locations too.
Options
2017-09-13 08:56:56
They actually act as one network. It's a dispaly issue in the APP, which will not affect the performance of the deco system. We are working on it, and will correct it latter.
Options
2017-12-09 06:02:23
According to change logs of the android app this issue should have been fixed, but this isn't the case. All Deco's are running at firmware 1.1.6 Build 20171103 Rel. 47257. I've removed a node via the app, then added it to the existing network. It will be added to the main network at first, but after about 15 minutes (and also what seems like a reboot that I didn't initiate) it switched to it's own network again.
Options
2017-12-11 11:00:27

sAnexeh wrote

This is the way it's currently configured -- kinda how I'd like to configure it at other locations too.

I'm a little confused...are you running in AP mode or router mode? If you are running in AP mode, then this will work with the first switch connected to a router (which you seem to only indicate a modem here, hence the confusion). If you are not using a router and running them in AP mode, then probably they are trying to find a router but, upon failing to, revert to Router mode.
Options
2017-12-17 05:31:14

Hope this image clarifies the situation. Deco is running in AP mode.
Options
2017-12-18 13:54:42
That does clarify things. I think the problem is that you are running a switch between the first AP and the other AP units, when it should be AP unit > switch > AP units 2&3. From what I understand, everything has to be connected through the first unit.
Options
Same problem
2018-07-26 17:23:34
Hi

I am having the same issue.
I have three decos is AP mode plugged into a switch which is plugged into a router/modem.
It all seems to work fine, but the app shows three networks with the same SSID. It's a bit of a pain to have to swap between them to view connected devices.
Also have noticed that which deco is marked as 'main' unit has changed a few times, although this hasn't caused any problems.

I could put one of my decos between the modem/router and the switch (as it's in the same cupboard).
Would this fix the problem?

Otherwise very happy with deco, which has given me seemless wifi coverage in a very large stone built house on three (slightly offset - it's on a hill!) levels!

Matt
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5764

Replies: 11