IFTTT & Stringify supported now!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-15 14:27:05 - last edited 2019-03-05 08:17:16
Dear Forum Members
Thank you for the continuous attention on TP-Link products.

We are pleased to tell that our Kasa devices now support IFTTT & Stringify. You can create IFTTT applets or Stringify flows in specific platform to control your Kasa devices, supported action for each products contains:
Plugs: ON/OFF
Switches: ON/OFF
Bulbs: ON/OFF; Brightness/Color Temperature/Color
All models: Activate Scene

Kindly note that using Kasa devices as triggers is not currently not accessible, but we will add the support of this function later. If you meet any problems using Kasa with IFTTT & Stringify during this time please leave your words here and we will pay attention to it.

Below are some frequently Q&A for your reference. Also more FAQs will be updated later, please keep an eye on our official website.

Thank you.
TP-Link Customer Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do I have to set up IFTTT when I sign up with Kasa?
No, you are free to set-up IFTTT whenever you want. Begin the set-up by going to Devices, Select Add, Select Works with Kasa, and Select IFTTT. Proceed with the set up

What do I need to sign up for IFTTT?
You need either a Smart Plug, Bulb, or Switch as well as a Kasa Account. It is not possible without a Kasa Account and a compatible device.

What devices are currently compatible?
Currently, there is only support to control Smart Plugs, Smart Bulbs, and Smart Switches.

How do I control my devices with IFTTT?
You can control your devices with IFTTT by accessing the Set-Up guide by going to Devices, Add Device, Works with Kasa, and selecting IFTTT.

How do I sign up for IFTTT?
You can sign up on their website by accessing https://ifttt.com/join or via the mobile app on iOS or Android.

When I try to connect Kasa through IFTTT, why doesn't it work?
If the connection doesn't work, please check to see if you have devices connected to your Kasa account. The integration may not work if you have no active devices connected to the account.

How do I disconnect my Kasa account from IFTTT?
You must disconnect TP-Link Kasa through the IFTTT App itself. Go to the Service page, Select Settings, then Select Disconnect. This will also delete any Applets that require the service.

I have Applets set up with IFTTT but they are not working?
It is possible that Cloud Services are currently down and not operational. Please refer to both http://status.ifttt.com/ and http://www.tp-link.com/us/support/status.

My devices are being controlled randomly, how do I make it stop?
Check if you have any Kasa Schedules or Scenes enabled. After that, check all of the “Works with Kasa” Services (Stringify, IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, Google Home Assistant) and by going directly to their applications and pinpoint the source of the problem.

Why can’t I control my devices even though all cloud services are up and running?
Go into the settings of each individual device and make sure that “Remote Control” of Device Control is enabled and toggled on.
Options
24 Reply
Re:IFTTT & Stringify supported now!
2017-09-19 22:00:49
I've updated app but IFTTT does not appear in the list
Options
2017-09-23 04:40:54
This is brilliant! Thank you so much!

I bought a bulb and a socket a few months ago and was disappointed with the lack of IFTTT hookup compared to other products. Managed to cobble stuff together using Webhooks but this will be much more accessible.

To those struggling to get started, you'll need to turn remote control on for the devices you want to control, in the Kasa app.

Next you go to the IFTTT website, sign in with your account. Search for Kasa and add a Kasa applet - you'll need to sign into your Kasa account to authorise IFTTT to send to your Kasa devices.
Options
2017-09-27 19:17:31
I've updated app but IFTTT
Options
2017-10-26 14:03:05
I cant seem to get IFTTT to work to activate a scene on my LB120's. All the scenes show up in IFTTT correctly. The trigger fires but the scene never gets activated.
Options
2017-11-29 00:30:39
Is there way to "reset to schedule". Say if I use IFTTT to turn a light on. After 5 mins if the schedule says it should be on, leave it on else turn off as per schedule.
Options
2017-11-30 01:17:53

TP-Link Smart Home wrote

We are pleased to tell that our Kasa devices now support IFTTT & Stringify. You can create IFTTT applets or Stringify flows in specific platform to control your Kasa devices, supported action for each products contains:
Plugs: ON/OFF

Hello I love the IFTTT support but is it possible to have an action for Plugs whereby it turns it on and off xx number of times..... for example to turn a lamp on and off if I get a notification on my phone?

Im currently using plugs to turn on/off a couple lamp but i need to be able to "Blink" them.
Options
2017-12-19 21:12:37
right :p
Options
2017-12-19 21:14:15
I've updated app but IFTTT does not appear in the list
Options
2018-01-30 08:56:50
I would like to request a new skill for IFTTT - Turn off AND turn on for Plugs.

I know that WeMo IFTTT has this ability, and would love to see TP-Link have this as well. I currently have the Turn off skill followed by a separate Turn on skill, but due to IFTTT polling time of 15 minutes, in real-life situation it took about ~20 minutes for my smart plug to turn back on via IFTTT.

Thanks!
Options
LB230 does not work with Stringify
2018-02-26 02:51:42
Hi, I was wondering if there is or if you will be adding support for the LB230 bulb? I have tried removing and resetting the device, and the firmware is up-to-date, as well. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6514

Replies: 24