Error code: 4937

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-02 01:53:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I want to port forward but its not working because tp-link site http://192.168.0.1 only accepts internal ip 192.168.0.1xx and not my external. And when i try to enter my external i get the Error code: 4937. What do i do to fix this. P.S when i port forward with my internal ip it does not work, i have pooked up miltiple guides on youtube and on different threads on tech forums but none seems to work.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Error code: 4937
2017-10-03 19:17:04
What kind of device do you want to open ports for? the port forwarding is used to open ports for local device or server, it is normal that it only accepts internal IP address with the same subnet, there is no need to enter external IP address, if it doesn't work, you need to check the 3G/4G or Internet IP address on the router, as if it is a private IP address, there must be another NAT product in the front, in that case, you can either open the same ports on the front NAT product or contact your ISP to let them assign a public IP address to the router. Hope it helps :-)
Options
2017-10-17 23:45:56
Thank you to all, it is now working perfectly!:)

Cheers
Options
2017-10-18 15:11:40

Kevin SG wrote

What kind of device do you want to open ports for? the port forwarding is used to open ports for local device or server, it is normal that it only accepts internal IP address with the same subnet, there is no need to enter external IP address, if it doesn't work, you need to check the 3G/4G or Internet IP address on the router, as if it is a private IP address, there must be another NAT product in the front, in that case, you can either open the same ports on the front NAT product or contact your ISP to let them assign a public IP address to the router. Hope it helps :-)

Good share, thanks!
Options
2017-10-19 09:43:00

Kevin SG wrote

oh, thanks.
I really appreciate your help with my project!
Options
2018-07-31 13:28:18

Kevin SG wrote

Thank you so much for the help. Well I have been facing the same problem. Your information has really helped me a lot a nd thank you Triturus for contributing your valuable time for posting this here.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5381

Replies: 5