ScreenConnect unusably slow through Deco router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-12 14:45:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just installed a set of Deco M5 routers.

I use ScreenConnect for remote support, and this has been working perfectly well until now, using an Archer D5 router. No configuration needed - uPnP did the trick.

Now, with the Deco, it doesn't work. The Deco is supposed to support uPnP, but it seems it didn't work. Not a problem, I just manually port-forwarded the required ports. Which got it working... but I'm getting data throughput of about 3kB/sec. Not good at all.

I thought it might be something to do with the antivirus, so I've disabled it, although it still has a few things in the log about blocking phishing attacks AFTER disabling the antivirus... hmmm....

So the port-forwarding IS working, but my throughput is terrible. But if I use anything else, my speed is just fine. Even TeamViewer works perfectly. My ScreenConnect, however, is self-hosted. Not sure if that makes a difference. But I need to get it working ASAP.

I've contacted TP-Link support and currently waiting for a reply... but I'm out of ideas otherwise...

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Options
3 Reply
Re:ScreenConnect unusably slow through Deco router
2017-10-13 15:58:42
Not sure what's happening. Guess you can wait their reply and share to the forum~
Options
Re:ScreenConnect unusably slow through Deco router
2019-07-30 10:12:13

I have the same issue. Internal Speedtest shows strong 300mbit inbound, and I’m checking speed on my device standing right next to Deco and it shows constant 60mbit no more no less. I thought my device connected to 2,4G and turned off this band on Deco. Same result. https://www.19216811.biz/

Options
Re:Re:ScreenConnect unusably slow through Deco router
2019-07-31 05:50:09

@Nikolo 

What is the model number of your Deco?

What is the speed test result on the Deco app itself? With your computer connected to the Deco network, what is the speed you can get?

And please click here to verify its wireless negotiation speed. 

What is the bandwidth you paid for your ISP? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1017

Replies: 3