apple home kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

apple home kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
apple home kit
apple home kit
2017-10-15 02:27:44
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

has anyone got the code for homekit?
Options
17 Reply
Re:apple home kit
2017-10-16 09:40:06
No. I don't think tplink smart home product can or will support apple home kit cuz it's compatible with google home. Those two are competitors.
Options
2017-10-16 22:59:04

Anton L.Z. wrote

No. I don't think tplink smart home product can or will support apple home kit cuz it's compatible with google home. Those two are competitors.

I don't think that TP-Link is owned by Google, so there isn't any constraints to suport Apple HomeKit
Options
2017-10-17 10:37:46
Yes, tp-link is not owned by Google. But since google home and apple homekit are competitors, I don't think it will support those two at the same time.
Options
2018-04-04 07:59:29
For users of AutomationManager for IoT (or anyone who'd like to start using it) I've got a new product in beta: HomeBridge for AutomationManager.

You need a low end android device running 4.4 or later to use as the hub/bridge plus AutomationManager for IoT plus HomeBridge for AutomationManager. If you're willing to give feedback contact me for a discount on HomeBridge while it's still in beta. It supports the TP Link switches and bulbs, as well as a number of other products, and yes it does work with Siri.

For more info visit my site.
Options
2018-07-14 05:58:03
I heard that Apple had recently introduced a new software based method to enable HomeKit functionality in third party products, i.e. they've relaxed their former requirement of a dedicated hardware chip to handle the encryption and introduced a second method using software encryption only. I was wondering whether TPLINK might look at enabling this in their products as a result of this. From a TPLINK commercial perspective I can't see any downside, enabling functionality with the main ecosystems sales would surely boost their sales. The more the merrier?
Options
2018-07-17 15:29:00
consulted tp-link support about this and it seems they have no plan to support apple home kit in a short time.
Options
2018-07-18 04:44:25
The encryption requirements are quite CPU intensive, it's hard to picture them working well on little processors like those in a smart switch so it could be quite some time. For those that have AutomationManager, HomeBridge for AutomationManager is now available and works quite well with TP Link devices. AutomationManager already has native Alexa support and also works with Google Home.
Options
2018-07-19 00:15:12

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

The encryption requirements are quite CPU intensive, it's hard to picture them working well on little processors like those in a smart switch so it could be quite some time. For those that have AutomationManager, HomeBridge for AutomationManager is now available and works quite well with TP Link devices. AutomationManager already has native Alexa support and also works with Google Home.

Not being an engineer, I was wondering, does the HomeKit encryption processing only happen at the time the device is linked to the HomeKit ecosystem/network, or would it be in constant use throughout it connection lifetime to the network?

All it has to do most of the time is take two commands, ON and OFF, unlike Hue lights with colours, syncing and lord knows what else, so I was wondering how much processing power it would require and how that would manifest itself physically in the case of the HS110 if it were to be upgraded to HomeKit compatibility via a firmware upgrade?

Cheers

Phil
Options
2018-07-19 04:56:06
Encryption is constant for all exchanges plus there's the announcement mechanism. Lots of code and cycles to squeeze into a small device but maybe they can work some magic... The attribute management itself isn't really that big relative to the rest of the infrastructure.
Options
2018-07-20 00:42:16

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

Encryption is constant for all exchanges plus there's the announcement mechanism. Lots of code and cycles to squeeze into a small device but maybe they can work some magic... The attribute management itself isn't really that big relative to the rest of the infrastructure.

Oh well we can but live in hope.

I won't hold my breath tho.

I can imagine senior management outcry (in the finance dept mainly) at the proposal to upgrade the HS110 to HomeKit compatibility with a firmware update to help out all those good folk who spent their cash already, when instead they can make a new version (same same but different colour plastic etc) and heck, just launch that as the amazing new fan dangled HS110HK featuring HomeKit compatibility, for just $(original price) + 50% :-)

Sorry, I'm too cynical I know. :-)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3177

Replies: 17