[Security Flaws] Severe flaws called "KRACK" are discovered in the WPA2 protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Security Flaws] Severe flaws called "KRACK" are discovered in the WPA2 protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
149 Reply
Re:[Security Flaws] Severe flaws called "KRACK" are discovered in the WPA2 protocol
2017-12-21 00:12:45

dph3055 wrote

It just isn't cost effective to rewrite firmware changes to address Krack for all of their equipment in use. More profit in getting those concerned to buy a new router.

Do you really think that if I'm concerned about the vulnerability of my TP-Link wifi range extender I would ever consider buying a newer one from TP-Link? I might end with buying a new wifi range extender, but you can be sure it will NOT be a TP-Link. And my next router also. Once you lose confidence in a supplier over a security/support issue there's no way back.
Options
Re:[Security Flaws] Severe flaws called "KRACK" are discovered in the WPA2 protocol
2017-12-22 00:14:44

casaschi wrote

Do you really think that if I'm concerned about the vulnerability of my TP-Link wifi range extender I would ever consider buying a newer one from TP-Link? I might end with buying a new wifi range extender, but you can be sure it will NOT be a TP-Link. And my next router also. Once you lose confidence in a supplier over a security/support issue there's no way back.

There's that, of course. But being a defendant in a class-action lawsuit is costly, believe me. And I suspect that failing to provide protection against security vulnerabilities in "legacy" equipment isn't going to go well with a jury . . . particularly if the equipment in question is still being manufactured and not really legacy equipment at all. For example:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-Extends-Throughput-RE200/dp/B00NR2VMNC
Options
2017-12-22 15:02:36
thx for this info.....visit my web : http://www.slebritibola.com/
Options
2017-12-26 16:59:30
Its really great if you can update your database queries to fix the query based errors, Actually I am also facing issues for the same. Rather I would go for updating it as suggested by bimbam.
Options
2018-01-05 03:02:15
So is [FONT=verdana]TL-WR841N v9 not affected when running in WDS bridging mode?
What about TL-WA730RE v1? It's a range extender and it's not in your list (affected or not affected). Is it affected or not?
[/FONT]
Options
2018-01-08 03:54:59
Options
Thanks to TP-Link
2018-02-13 12:03:38
I'm extremely gratified to note that the 17 January 2018 firmware update for my Archer C7 says it fixes the KRACK vulnerability. NOTE you will want to verify that you download the firmware for your specific hardware version (mine is an older v2).
Options
2018-02-13 18:46:17
Only for US version so far

twt wrote

I'm extremely gratified to note that the 17 January 2018 firmware update for my Archer C7 says it fixes the KRACK vulnerability. NOTE you will want to verify that you download the firmware for your specific hardware version (mine is an older v2).
Options
2018-02-14 01:36:50

timp wrote

Only for US version so far

And the V3 is still a couple years down-level. Likely will never be updated. Time to upgrade to an actual supported router vendor or bite the bullet and load 3rd party firmware to eliminate this poor support.
Options
Archer C3150 v1 hardware NO fixes
2018-02-14 05:14:59
The latest firmware I see listed is from 2016. Yet I see TP-Link listed repeatedly in "vendors affected by KRACK." There must be a fix coming. It's been half a year almost!
Options