TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-19 23:50:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Every time I turn on my computer, either I've to unplug and plug the Ethernet cable to the adapter or restart the computer in order to get internet connection. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks
Options
11 Reply
Re:TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter Connection Issue
2017-10-20 16:40:50
Test with another cable? Or other PC?
What's the operation system of your computer ?
Suggest to check the IP address when the PC has no internet access
Options
2017-10-21 00:57:53
flying snow,

Thanks for your reply.

My computer is using Windows 10. I'll try using other PC and/other cable to see if the problem exists.

Will let you know tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Options
2017-10-29 23:02:22
For the past few days, I've tested my adapters and I found the following issue:

After shutting down my computer, if I turn it on again within 8 hrs 15 mins, internet connection is ok. However, if I turn it on again after 8 hrs 20 mins, I've to unplug and plug the Ethernet cable to gain internet connection. All 3 green lights are on when the connection issue occurred. I've found there are similar connection issues from other users on amazon.ca, is it related to the power saving features of the adapters?

Thanks
Options
2017-10-31 08:47:13
Did you already tried another PC? how about the results?
If the issue only happens on just one PC, you can either turn off the power saving mode of the powerline or change the settings on the PC.
Here is a tool for turning off the power save mode: http://static.tp-link.com/PowerLineUtility(new function to disable power save mode).rar
And follow the steps below to change the computer setting.
Locate the local network adapter in the device manager. Right click on it, go to properties, power management, uncheck Allow computer to turn off this device.
Options
2017-11-01 00:08:48
Sorry, I haven't tried another PC as I've only one PC.

Thanks for the link, will try it later.

Thank you so much : )
Options
TL-PA9025P issue all time
2017-11-02 04:02:13
Hello everyone,

I have a TL--PPA9025P adapter, and I am using to connect my internet router to my Apple Time capsule, in this way I cover all my home in wifi. I have telephones, PC's and macs connected to the network.

I upgraded to the latest version 170628, but unfortunately the network is not stable and I have to unplug and plug the devices every day. It looks unfortunately a common problem, but I dont think it could be normal in this kind of products.

Thank you very much for your help

Fernandi
Options
2017-11-02 18:37:24
First, better to connect a PC to 9025P directly to identify the issue is on the powerline adapters or the time capsule.
Check the second powerline lights both on when network is dropping?
The second lights are important. They should be on.
Suggest to move them away from other electrical devices and power adapters to avoid interference.
Plug them both into the power sockets on the wall. Extensions may have surge protector which cause interference.
Options
Today link was stable
2017-11-03 03:03:35
Dear all

In the last month I rebooted 30 times the plugs, and yesterday I change the port settings for the DSL BOX to FULL DUPLEX and GIGABIT. (1000 Mbs). And today system is still working fine.

Share this just in case it can be useful to anyone.
Options
2017-11-03 06:50:26
Are you running the latest firmware? If not then try that first.
Options
2017-11-04 00:29:51

The Vogon wrote

Are you running the latest firmware? If not then try that first.

Yes, I am, I confirm that since two days network has been stable and running at high levels of perfomance.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3533

Replies: 11

Related Articles