New Pharos device in the pipeline: CPE610

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Pharos device in the pipeline: CPE610

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:New Pharos device in the pipeline: CPE610
2018-01-05 17:07:49
CPE610 now launching across the globe...Australia, India, Bangladesh, Bulgaria (Europe)...I suppose the rest of EU is next.

i.e. AU: http://www.tp-link.com.au/products/details/cat-5693_CPE610.html

- Initial firmware based on the 2.1.0 release for the rest of CPE 2x0, 5x0 series
- Tx power up to 23dBm
- Antenna gain 20.8dBi (Installation Guide) / 23dBi (tech specs)
- Antenna beam width 9°(Azimuth), 7°(Elevation)

SRP €70 / $85...kinda steep :/

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Networking-Wireless/Antenna/71162-CPE610

ETA 31/01/2018
Now serving finite customer via f(x)=AirTime/∞ on the 5Ghz band :-/
Options
2018-06-19 18:05:32
I have one CPE610v1 on order (albeit it still being quite expensive at this early stage in Europe given that it retails for ~€80); will report back upon delivery (ETA 10days) on performance compared to the CPE510 it will (hopefully) substitute.

Btw, there's new PharOS firmware out: https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201806/20180607/CPE610(UN)_v1.0_20180327.zip

It's version 2.1.13 - supposedly for this model only, however as history suggests these are cross compatible with other models...so, if anyone cares to try and install this on a test CPE 510v1 and report back as I'm currently out of test units :/

Now all that's missing is a 5Ghz AC long-range product... :/
Options
2018-06-19 19:32:49

RTouris wrote

Btw, there's new PharOS firmware out: https://static.tp-link.com/2018/201806/20180607/CPE610(UN)_v1.0_20180327.zip

It's version 2.1.13 - supposedly for this model only, however as history suggests these are cross compatible with other models...so, if anyone cares to try and install this on a test CPE 510v1 and report back as I'm currently out of test units :/

Hello RTouris,

thanks for the info. Pharos 2.1.13 installs fine and seems to work with:

CPE210 v1 (tested on v1.0)
CPE510 v1 (tested on v1.1)
WBS210 v1 (tested on v1.20)

Spectrum analyzer weirdness on CPE210 still unfixed .
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2018-06-19 22:58:45
thanks for the update! any change regarding the font size of the survey UI?

update: just deployed new f/w on several 510s...no change in the font size of the survey UI either. I guess it's due time for a complete UI revamp as per UBNT's airOS7 vs. 8 ;-)
Options
2018-06-20 04:59:16

RTouris wrote

update: just deployed new f/w on several 510s...no change in the font size of the survey UI either. I guess it's due time for a complete UI revamp as per UBNT's airOS7 vs. 8 ;-)

If the web designers would use em units instead of pixel units for font styles, fonts would scale appropriate even on smaller screens. But hey, the whole web meanwhile forgets what the design principles have been for WWW when it was invented, since there are more and more web sites looking pretty awful in older browsers (if still appearing at all on such older systems). The industry wants you to buy their new products every year or so.

Me thinks, TP-Link web designers just got big screens on their desks and did resize fonts and windows according to their environment. ;) See latest version of EAP Controller: it doesn't fit on 1280x800 pixels screens anymore.
Options
Re:Re:New Pharos device in the pipeline: CPE610
2018-08-22 03:07:52 - last edited 2018-08-22 19:33:47

I have both ubiquiti and tp link and the only reason why I own ubiquiti devices is because they were given to me as gift or I made a business deal and took the device as payment, honestly I don't like ubiquiti hardware design and I like their software much less what I hate is that every little change requires a restart that doesn't happen with the pharos unit another thing is the expire certificate on the browser etc etc etc it also happens with the latest firmware I respect anybody who likes ubiquiti but I personally prefer tp link I spent money in tp link products but I don't spent a penny in ubiquiti products but that is just me. after I installed my wbs units my neighbor went and installed a ubiquiti dish the equivalent to my wbs guess what every body always tell me yours look better not only that but I don't have any problem with my device while he needs to be calling the company that sold him and installed his dish because he has problems every week his dish got all the cables showing and sticking out while mine look nice and all cables are hidden but to each it's own cheers

i have 2 ubiquiti dish and i was having all kind of trouble trying to get a signal at full speed just a few feet in front of my house

as soon as i installed the wbs unit, i was able to connect at full speed at the first try without any trouble

while i wasted time fighting with the ubiquiti unit

trying to get the best signal possible so i could get the maximu speed

but i never reach the maximun speed using the ubiquiti dish

change it for wbs unit and boom problem solved

tp link baby for ever

Options
Re:Re:Re:New Pharos device in the pipeline: CPE610
2018-08-22 06:33:50 - last edited 2018-08-22 06:35:56

antoniooninato wrote

but that is just me.

*grin* not only you. I sold my AirMax on eBay after too many problems connecting to other APs. I still own an EdgeRouter, which is a cheap and nice device based on Debian Linux, but unfortunately with the vyatta tools on top of the UI (a nightmare, when it comes to the configuration!).

IMHO the EdgeRouter and especially the EdgePoint outdoor router are good devices with the capability of hardware offloading, but their WiFi gear isn't in my opinion. I also still have an UniFi AP, which spends its time in its box for years now. Too unreliable and to user-friendly to handle.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:New Pharos device in the pipeline: CPE610
2018-08-22 19:44:38 - last edited 2018-08-22 19:56:10

I also sell on ebay, I wouldn't dare to sell any of those ubiquiti dishes on ebay, I don't want a bad reputation, so I'm stuck with them. just like your ubiquiti devices, mines are also on a box, I'm just waiting for a firmware update that make the dish a bit more reliable so I can get rid of them, I will sell them for the cheapest possible price, maybe buy 1 and get 1 free, just to get rid off them but I will not sell them on ebay. they work fine if you use both of the dish together to communicate with each other but they have problem communicating with other brands and is not the airmax option

I remember one time I read something but I don't remember what is called, but is a technology that tp link uses that they make sure that their router can communicate with other "brands" routers without any problem

the reason why I bought 4 wbs units is because I have TL-ER6120 and that just add all my bandwidth together, I had the 480 version but it was a little too old that's why i decided to get the new one that it look much better and is also faster, the TL-ER6120 works super fine and it been on since I first installed a few months ago, sometimes I forgot that it even exist because I don't have to do nothing to it, I only unplug the wbs units when is time for a firmware update then I plug them back in. I'm not throwing dust to ubiquiti but it is what it is, maybe others has a different experience but this has been my experience with ubiquiti or to use a better word a nightmare

laugh

regards to you R1D2 

yes

Options
2020-06-29 23:35:51

@Snotmann are you ok? Most, if not all

ubiquity product are made in China. It's commercial WAR going on!

The cpe610 falls short in the firmware department.

1. No ability to turn off NAT in client router mode. I use it all the time. On AirOs, NAT is disabled by default in order to encourage you to use normal static routing. I'm forced to use bridge mode or keep NAT. Maybe it can be disabled on command-line. I haven't checked so far.

I haven't upgraded the firmware either but I will after sending this message to see if my wishes have been granted!

2. No ability to import ssh public keys.

What I did like was that the pole mount is ver robust. Also it's *almost* a litebeam M5 (lbe-m5-23) killer since it is true MiMo 2x2 and dual polarity.

I need to flash AirOS to this to get working the way I like.

TP-Link, get your act together and you have a new customer. I would like to forget about Ubiquity stuff forever. I mostly use MikroTik on my network.

Your antena has the best price-quality ratio but you left out some important things in the firmware IMHO.

Great job so far!

Options
2020-06-29 23:37:18

@R1D2  Can't disable NAT on router mode and no SSH public key import capability.

Options