losing connection deco m5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-18 04:12:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello All,

Just bought last week one Deco M5 unit. Great device especially the wifi is super!

my setup is like this:

Modem/Router - AP - Switch

my problem is with the wired switch. The Deco M5 has two ports, one is directly to the modem/router provided by my ISP. The other port is connected to a switch and the switch is wired to the TV, PS4 etc.

Currently i have issues of losing connection from the tv. This is for like 10 seconds and i know that because my TV is based on internet and it's freeze for like 10 seconds and comes back.

I already tried another switch but still having this issue. Now it is happening every 5 minutes and cant figure out what is the problem

anyone know what the problem is?

thank you

Kemal
Options
3 Reply
Re:losing connection deco m5
2017-11-20 15:49:34
Hi,
How many Deco do you have? Are you able to connect your TV directly into the Deco or your main router to test the connection?
Is your Switch managed or unmanaged?
What's the speed shows on your Deco?
Make sure the Deco's firmware is up to date.
Options
2017-11-21 03:59:27
Did you disable DHCP of the modem/router you got from your ISP? If that one is still active, it could ask ip-conflicts,
since it can happen that besides your deco m5, the modem/router you got is also issuing IP addresses.
Options
2020-07-20 14:44:12
I am on AT&T fiber 1000 and can't reach speeds higher than 460mbps even when connected direct to the M5 via Ethernet. I do have DHCP disabled on my Pace 5268ac modem/router. Any ideas as to what else I can check? Already turned off QOS and also tried testing speed connected to the 5268ac and I get 860mbps results from same pc. Even 5ghz wifi speeds are very very slow on the M5 master.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3447

Replies: 3

Related Articles