Multiple Archer D7s Dropping Out in Australia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-26 19:43:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Mine (and many other) Archer D7 modem wifi routers are dropping out intermittently multiple times a day. This began about three weeks ago and is effecting dozens of Archer D7 users across Australia (see whirlpool thread: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2687495 ) . Some have noted a decrease dropout frequency by disabling 5Ghz. Some have hypothesised that it may be related to hot weather, use of android phones on the wireless network or due to spikey power surges. None of these hypotheses seem to hold up under testing. Many users have tried using alternate modems and wifi devices all of which do not suffer the dropout problems in their environments. Many have tried updating the firmware to no avail (I for instance updated mine to Firmware Version:1.8.0 0.9.1 v0051.0 Build 170511 Rel.51715n). A power cycle (i.e turning the router off and on) always reconnects the device to the internet and re-establishes the wifi, but only for it to eventually dropout again several hours later. I am mentioning this here because this appears to be a very generalised problem with multiple Archer D7 devices across multiple locations across Australia from people who have never met or conversed before who have almost identical stories. I highly recommend that TP-Link look into this rapidly as this is happening to a lot of people simultaneously. This is not good for TP-Link's rep for reliability (which is hard to win, but easy to lose).

Jeff Popova-Clark
+61 421 960 048
Options
2 Reply
Re:Multiple Archer D7s Dropping Out in Australia
2018-01-03 19:38:25
I would also like a fix to the dropping out issue for my Archer D7. It started about 1 week ago. I upgraded to latest AU firmware a couple of month's ago. I have had no issues with the modem since I bought it brand new 18 months ago. Now it seems to drop all connections in the evening. I have been uploading a lot of data in the past week. Not sure if that could be the cause. To fix the issue I have to power cycle the modem using the power button on the back of the modem as I cannot connect to it through browser.
Options
Same problem
2018-01-07 00:26:40
This is driving me crazy. Have used my Archer D7 router for over a year, with no problems. Suddenly, two days ago, it started dropping out. All devices can connect to the router (including Apple and Windows devices) but the router loses its connection to the ISP (BigPond). This is happening multiple times a day. Usually turning the router off and on fixes it, but not always. Has anyone heard any more about what might be causing this?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 2