Local WIFI, but different SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-29 18:58:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have just bought a HS110 to play.
General it works, also with Alex, but I have one question regarding local network.
I have a router with 2 different SSID, e.g. 1 and 2 ( a 2,4 and a 5 network)
I set up the plug to be connected in the SSID 1, if my tablet is in the same network it works, if it's in SSID 2, no connection between them.
Does the direct connection only works if they are really in the same SSID, even the plug is allready configured correct before and up an work in the other SSID (but same home network).?

Kr
smartrabbit
Options
3 Reply
Re:Local WIFI, but different SSID
2017-12-30 00:16:52
I believe that if you connect through a different SSID the app is going to need to make a remote connection through the cloud - you'll need to enable remote access.
Options
2018-01-01 20:19:45
yes, this work but I just thought it would be enough that they are in the same network area (IP Range), but that even the same SSID is necessary, I'm a bit surprised, Client and plug are allready linked ?
Options
2018-01-08 18:57:21
I think they can communicate within the same LAN, no matter which SSID they connect to, but the condition is that they can communicate with each other.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 373

Replies: 3