Archer C20 V1 connection drop/ issue related potentially to all ( Archer) routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C20 V1 connection drop/ issue related potentially to all ( Archer) routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-02 19:15:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,
I hope I will be able to help you with this post.

My initial e mail to TP link support>

" Hi, I hope you are able to help me.
After almost 2 years I am experiencing connection issues with my Archer C20 v 1 FW Archer C20(EU)_V1_160427.

It works fine for some time and at least once a day connection drops. After a hard reboot everything works again fine for a while before it drops again.
The WIFI network is visible , but cant connect to it , only hard reboot helps.
Recently I found out with app WIFI analyzer, that while it is in the mode of " no connection possible", the signal shows for 2-3 sec and then again dissappear for 5-10 sec and shows again for 2-3 sec...etc
So I think the issue is connected to the signal latency.
It cant be caused by weak signal as I was standing right next to the router with my android phone.

I updated the FM to the latest available version , but it did not help.

May I please ask you to advice what to do , how to fix it?

Thanks for your help indeed."

Just had a call from local TP link support. The issue with sudden connection drop was caused by using a repeater of the WIFI signal. ( Netgear).

Solution>SETTING OF THE CHANNEL NUMBER FROM AUTO TO MANUAL FOR BOTH FREQUENCIES 2.4 GHZ AND ALSO 5GHZ!!!

The issue was related to the router that detected wifi extender broadcasting on the same channel and trying to re-tune to he new channel, obviously
not possible as repeater just copied channel also ended up in the loop and caused connection issues. Manual settings of the channel number helped.
If you using both ranges (2.4 and 5 GHz) I suggest you set both channels from auto to manual. For the channel number selection I used android free app" Wifi analyzer" that help you
to detect the most free channel to use.

SO FAR SO GOOD!

Please try and revert back to me if it helped.
Br,
Erik

Ps. The support was saying the solution with the similar sympthoms can be used to all (archer) routers.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C20 V1 connection drop/ issue related potentially to all ( Archer) routers
2020-06-25 04:03:24
I started facing similar issue all of sudden , i have selected a channel manually for 2.4ghz. I have some devices that only supports 2.4ghz , for the rest i have enabled 5ghz now. Now it should not affect the 5ghz as i don't see any interfering network in 5ghz range. Thanks for posting your solution here.
Options
Re:Archer C20 V1 connection drop/ issue related potentially to all ( Archer) routers
2020-11-21 08:50:10
Hey mate, how exactly do you do this? "Manual settings of the channel number helped. If you using both ranges (2.4 and 5 GHz) I suggest you set both channels from auto to manual."
Options
2020-11-23 10:44:29

@vardy_ns 

Hello, you may try to manually select the wireless channel and channel width on the C20 as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Options
2020-11-23 18:16:49
Thanks Kevin. I've made the changes. Lets see how it works.
Options
2020-11-25 09:50:12

@vardy_ns 

OK, let me know if there is still an issue, good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4257

Replies: 5

Related Articles