Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
51 Reply
Re:Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection
2018-07-10 04:02:15
OK - progress. AMAZON replaced it for me under warranty, and so far fingers crossed its working well. No dropouts, better download and upload speeds than i had before (4Mb/s compared to 3.4Mbps on the PlusNet router), and a newer UI - now has speed monitor on the home page, although the speed test doesnt work (as noted by other users).

Will post back if more issues but it looks like new hardware (or firmware) has solved it, maybe.....
Options
Re:Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection
2018-07-13 05:19:01
Day 3 and the issue is back, exactly the same with the new device. First day or two seemed perfect, up to 4MBPs. But as of today its disconnecting regularly, sometimes for a few minutes. Repeats over and over.

The cr@ppy free plusnet router works, so i dont think its the phone line. I live in a remote location so about 5km from the exchange hence the slow broadband, maybe these things just cant cope with poor line quality.

If i cant get it stable i am going to have to give up, or use the plusnet as the router and the TPLINK for DHCP and WIFI and management tools. hmmm...
Options
2018-07-14 16:09:29
In the Advanced DSL Settings have you tried to enable Bit Swap and SRA?
Options
2018-07-15 17:41:41
Thanks @Mikex. Bitswap was already enabled but i have now switched on SRA too, so i have Auto syncup, Annex A/L, bit swap and SRA.

Fingers crossed!
Options
2018-08-18 18:29:32
I'm also having this problem. Any solution for this subject?
Options
2018-08-30 11:47:50
Where are the " advanced DSL settings"?

[I]The only reference I can find to DSL is under QoS --> Settings --> Line type "DSL or Other".

[/I]
Options
2018-08-31 00:31:52

Jedi wrote

Where are the " advanced DSL settings"?

[I]The only reference I can find to DSL is under QoS --> Settings --> Line type "DSL or Other".

[/I]

Advanced [Top Tab] ----> Network [Left Section] ----> DSL Settings [Left Subsection]
Options
2018-09-01 14:30:00

Archer VR2800.pdf
Hi Ogero,

If I have done tthis correctly I have uploaded a screenshot of the menu under Advanced [Top Tab] ----> Network [Left Section]

I see no [LEFT][COLOR=#009CE0][FONT=Arial]DSL Settings [Left Subsection] ?
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT][/LEFT]
Options
2018-09-02 01:53:31

Jedi wrote

Archer VR2800.pdf
Hi Ogero,

If I have done tthis correctly I have uploaded a screenshot of the menu under Advanced [Top Tab] ----> Network [Left Section]

I see no
[COLOR=#009CE0]DSL Settings [Left Subsection] ?
[SUB][/SUB]

Thats odd, the option is there for me :confused:.. same HW and same FW... (image attached).
In your place, I would factory reset, and then follow "Quick Setup".

Options
2018-09-05 17:06:23
it hase some problem
Options