Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
51 Reply
Re:Archer VR2800 drops internet connection multiple times a day but maintains local network connection
2021-04-19 07:44:02
Ok, the "fix" I suggested with the static DNS addresses worked for a while, but then the VR2800 returned to its old tricks of dropping connections regularly. It has now been consigned to the scrap heap, and an old BT router put in its place. While it is less capable at least it stays connected for most of the day. This was my first experience of TP-Link, and it will be my last as there is no excuse for a premium-priced product to be as faulty as the forums are showing it to be, and for there to be no obvious patch or firmware upgrade to rectify the issues.
Options