Problem extending home network using TP-WR841N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-15 20:35:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi folks,

I bought a TP-WR841N to extend a home network for a friend.

I made a 50 metre cable and added the RJ45 plugs at each end as per the T-568A configuration.

To test this, I connected the laptop to the source router using a working patch lead. This test was successful. I got an IP and could connect to the internet.

I then connected the 50m cable to the router and connected the laptop to the other end. This test was successful. I got an IP and could connect to the internet.

I then connected the TP-WR841N to the source router using a working patch lead and connected the laptop to the TP-WR841N. This test was successful. I got an IP and could connect to the internet.

I then connected the TP-WR841N to the end of the 50m cable and connected the laptop to the TP-WR841N. This test was unsuccessful. I could not get an IP and could not connect to the internet.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing to cause this to fail? Many thanks in advance.

I am attaching a drawing to explain the layout.

Any help would be appreciated.

John in Dublin
Options
4 Reply
Re:Problem extending home network using TP-WR841N
2018-01-17 19:35:43
Is bumping allowed on this site? I need help with this folks please.. much appreciated.
Options
2018-01-20 22:13:29
I have exactly the same problem, I will be grateful for your help.
Options
2018-01-22 04:08:32
I have same problem. They write about this in FAQ:
http://www.tp-link.com/il/faq-1385.html
The two devices could be incompatible in WDS bridge mode if Internet still does not work after power cycling them.
Options
2018-01-27 12:21:21
Try this definition, it helped in my case:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 781

Replies: 4