RE650 Changes MAC ID of connected devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-21 00:27:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just installed an RE650 to fix coverage issues in my home. It works very well but has caused a minor issue. I assign several IP addresses to my IP Cameras using the MAC ID of the device. The RE650 apparently changes the MAC ID of any connected device for some reason. Not sure why but can someone explain to me why this is being done. It certainly messes up the IP assigning in the host router. The first 3 pairs of characters of the MAC ID get changed to what the RE650 has for a MAC ID. If the RE650 fails or goes offline the devices revert to the original Wi-Fi signal with their original MAC ID so the router cannot then assign the desired IP address to the device.
I should note that the RE650 uses the original SSID and password from the router to make connecting to the network simpler with no new networks showing up. I thought this was a great way to go since my IP cameras do not have a way to store more than 1 SSID to connect to.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 693

Replies: 0