Archer D9 used as Wireless Router forces own authentication to access network shares on WAN network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer D9 used as Wireless Router forces own authentication to access network shares on WAN network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-21 19:22:24
Model : Archer D9

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : Archer_D9(EU)_V1_160224 (2016-02-24).

ISP :

Hello, I have this strange issue with my network configuration.

I have network A, 192.168.9.0/24, with:
a VDSL modem with usb disk attached and shared without authentication
[*]a linux machine with a samba share with authentication
[*]Archer D9 (WAN port)

Then I have network B, 192.168.10.0/24, with:
Archer D9 as router, and gateway to network B. USB sharing disabled.
[*]Everything else, notably a PC and an android phone

If I am in network A, I can access both shared disks (the one attached on the vdsl modem, with no authentication, and the one shared by the linux machine, inputting username and password).
If I am in network B, I can access to the disk shared on the vdsl modem (which has NO authentication) only if I provide username and password that I set in the Archer D9 for its own shared disks. I can't access the samba share of the linux machine.

I can normally access hosts in network A from network B: ssh, vnc, http, except for SMB.

I have the suspicion that this started to happen with the firmware update I did yesterday. But I can't be sure because I changed the network configuration only a week ago (I had to put the D9 in again because the VDSL modem has issues with wifi) and haven't tested everything. The previous firmware was 15something, I didn't take note.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 475

Replies: 0