Archer AC3200 - how to manage it from outside your home?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-01 15:54:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey, we have just bought a TP Link Archer AC3200. One of the reasons was that we read that it has parental controls. We have set it up and is happy with how it is from home, bot HOW do you manage it from other places, for example from work?

If you want to turn it off, control if someone is using it, give the kids more time and so on, this is just not possible it seems, because you have to be connected to the device at home to manage it. Quite hopeless i think. Do we need to update the software or something to do this?

It would be perfect to could easily turn the internet on and off on our mobiles from the app, wherever we are.

Another thing i wonder, is if it's possible to have parental controls also on devices plugged into the device with Ethernet-cable? We consider plugging or pc in with a cable, but need to have the parental control also on this.

Thanks in advance. John
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AC3200 - how to manage it from outside your home?
2018-03-06 14:54:06
Hi,
You can remote access to the router's management page.
On the router's setup page, go to Advanced-> System Tools -> Adminstrtation-> Remote Management, enable it, port: 80, leave the IP/MAC Address field blank, then Save.
Then go to Advanced -> Status, find the IP address of Internet (make sure it's public IP address), then you access to the router's management page remotely with http://Internet IP address

For Parental Control, it is also suitable for wired devices.
Options
2019-06-16 17:33:14
Try using the TP-Link's Tether app. Not sure if you can control the guest network for you model but appear I can with my Archer C8.
Options
2021-07-01 23:00:20
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1138

Replies: 3