Smart plug not hearing echo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-06 06:06:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HiHave installed smart wi if plug to activate lamp which works fine using the Kasa app.Have linked the kasa account with Alexa Echo, enabled the skill in the echo. The lamp appears on the echo smart home screen within the app, but nothing works when i ask it to turn on,Am using echo show.Can anyone offer any ideas?Thanks in advanceB
Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart plug not hearing echo
2018-03-06 14:11:14
Can you manually turn the lamp on/off via the echo app? Make sure you are not using house hold account when you voice control it. Pay attention to the device name of the lamp. You should say the device name on Kasa. Change device name may help too.
Options
2018-03-06 15:29:44
Yes it works from within the app. Voice control also works using the echo dot which we have elsewhere. It’s just the echo show which doesn’t activate the plug/lamp. As it works via the dot I don’t think changing the name would help. ☹️
Options
2018-03-07 21:32:11
Thank you Shield101!I hadn’t realised but we had set up as a household account and reverting to a single account solved the problem. Great.Odd that this only seems to affect Echo Show and not the Dot!Thanks once again for your help.
Options
2018-03-08 16:40:06
Great news:cool:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 4