WR841N System Tools menu does not have Backup & Restore and certain other entries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WR841N System Tools menu does not have Backup & Restore and certain other entries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-25 20:06:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have two WR841N both with the same hardware and firmware:

Model = TL-WR841N(EU)
Hardware Version = TL-WR841N v13 00000013
[SIZE=2]
Firmware Version = 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 171019 Rel.55346n (which is the latest for the EU model from https://www.tp-link.com/au/download/TL-WR841N_V13.html#Firmware
[/SIZE] as at 2018/03/25 [SIZE=2])

although they differ in configuration:

Operation Mode #1 = Hotspot Router
Operation Mode #2 = Wireless Router

My issue is that the "System Tools" menu does not have a "Backup & Restore" option - see attached screenshot.

[/SIZE]

Section 5.16.5 "Backup & Restore" of the document "User Guide 300Mbps Wireless N Router TL-WR841N" ([FONT=courier new]1910012221_TL-WR841N(EU)(US)_V13_UG.pdf
) describes this option for "Hotspot Router Mode". It also describes Firmware Upgrade, Factory Defaults and Password options, which are also missing from my System Tools menu.
[/FONT]
I have done configuration backups on other TP-Link wireless routers before. From memory, I have done configuration backups on these units before, but possibly with earlier firmware versions and/or different Operation Modes.

Does anyone know of any circumstances in which the Backup & Restore,
Firmware Upgrade, Factory Defaults and Password menu options are intentionally not offered and/or whether this is a known issue?

Options
2 Reply
Re:WR841N System Tools menu does not have Backup & Restore and certain other entries
2018-03-27 16:57:37
Since my OP above, I have determined that the missing menu items ( Backup & Restore, Firmware Upgrade, Factory Defaults and Password) are missing when the web server is accessed from a client (browser) on a different subnet but present when I access it from a client (browser) on the LAN/WLAN subnet of the subject router.

Does anyone know:
1. if this is a deliberate policy versus a bug?
2. if this is documented anywhere?
Options
Re:WR841N System Tools menu does not have Backup & Restore and certain other entries
2018-03-27 18:50:24
i contact tp-link before and they told me if we login remotely to this router, those iteams are not supported, which means they are only for local access.
but can't find any document saying this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2934

Replies: 2